Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been lurking for some time, but our new Cayman GTS 4.0 is almost real (ETA 10/28/22), so time to come out of the shadows.

Our Gentian/Espresso-Cognac GTS 4.0 is replacing our Guards Red 1991 911 C2, known as RADARED around Chicago. A great car that will be missed (received an offer we couldn't refuse):
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Not our new car but one with similar spec:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Next in a line of fun cars: 1985 Kalahari Beige (Gold metallic) 944T, 1991 Guards Red 911 C2, 1989 994 S2 Firestone Firehawk Championship winner turned club racer, 1989 Red 944 TS F class PCA club racer, and our current 1989 Black 944 SP3 class club racer.

Greg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations Greg! It's a beauty and you are going to love the head turning that will bring. That 911 C2 is a beauty! Hope you won't refret selling. Do you have garage space for 2 Porsches? :unsure:. Welcome! I'm still giddy over my new GTS4.O

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chuck! We're both excited to get the new car, well maybe me more than my wife. Checking TYD a dozen times per day has an addicting impact.

We are lucky enough to have a 4 car garage, and because of my dad always wanting a lift, I put a 2-post lift in one space so we could actually store 5 cars. It makes doing oil changes much easier for my 67 year old knees.

The race car is at the shop that supports us at the track, so we actually have a wide open space just waiting to welcome the GTS. :cool:

Our first sports car was a Fiat X1/9 so we are looking forward to another mid-engined car. We may have to start auto crossing again. :)

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new CGTS! GBM is spectacular in almost all lighting situations and I must admit that your interior choice almost became our first choice. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Reactions: Silversword

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Treemagnet: Thank you! Fingers crossed that the car arrives before Chicago falls into our 5 months of cold, grey skies, and snow, so I can take some decent pictures. Between the pictures I've seen here and on RL I'll need to step up my photography game just to not embarrass myself.

I was following the arrival of your new BGTS. The pictures convinced me we made the right color choice. We've had cars in almost every color except blue and yellow, but my wife felt two old f*&ts shouldn't be driving around in a yellow sports car, so GBM it was. Personally I would have loved yellow, but I would need it to have a wing like the GT4. Not subtle. And she said we already have the winged SP3 car.

I'm looking forward to spending more time here, and hopefully contributing something after some experience with the new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts