Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for tuning my 718-S
--> Chip/flash tuning
A lot of tuners every where:
Techart
Fabspeed
Brombacher
and many more
Which is the best reliable tuner, and "this is it".
Thanks for input

BR Roger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OBD ? means
Difference between Ehersmann ---> APR ?
What about the others Techart ---> know as professional brand ?
I'm seeking: there is many many on the internet, who knows and have the real good feeling/expirience ?
This is complex to select the perfect/right supplier.
Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Roger,
There are a few good threads on tuning available for the 718 on this forum, the search function can be helpfull ;)
Now to answer some of your questions, there are different ways to 'tune'.
Tuningbox - this is what Techart uses. This fools the ECU by tapping into some sensors like boost sensor, crankshaft sensor etc...
OBD flash for ECU this is what APR does and because they have a good knowledge of the ECU they offer some additional functions like reverting the start stop function and different maps for normal/sport/sport + modes (if you have the SC package)
ECU flash offered by Ehresmann/Bombacher/Cobb..., since they cant flash it via OBD this means a removal of the ECU, it needs to be opened to rewrite. Ehresmann offers a package with a second (original) ECU,downpipe,highflow airfilter and custom mapping for your car. He has several 718's running on track and has a good reputation, an English member on this forum is running his tune, it is mentioned in one of the 'Ehresmann' posts if I remember correctly.
For my 718 I would go for APR , but I am waiting until the car is out of warranty and still thinking about my approach on the GPF (2019 model), a gpf delete or find a specific tune for GPF equipped 718's.
It will depend on your expectations also to find the right tune/tuner. You want a moderate tune or stage2/3, custom mapping on rolling road, ...
I saw you are from the Netherlands, I had previous (VAG) cars tuned by JD Engeneering and VAG techniek and those were rock solid =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts