Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for tuning my 718-S
--> Chip/flash tuning
A lot of tuners every where:
Techart
Fabspeed
Brombacher
and many more
Which is the best reliable tuner, and "this is it".
Thanks for input

BR Roger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OBD ? means
Difference between Ehersmann ---> APR ?
What about the others Techart ---> know as professional brand ?
I'm seeking: there is many many on the internet, who knows and have the real good feeling/expirience ?
This is complex to select the perfect/right supplier.
Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
Roger,
There are a few good threads on tuning available for the 718 on this forum, the search function can be helpfull ;)
Now to answer some of your questions, there are different ways to 'tune'.
Tuningbox - this is what Techart uses. This fools the ECU by tapping into some sensors like boost sensor, crankshaft sensor etc...
OBD flash for ECU this is what APR does and because they have a good knowledge of the ECU they offer some additional functions like reverting the start stop function and different maps for normal/sport/sport + modes (if you have the SC package)
ECU flash offered by Ehresmann/Bombacher/Cobb..., since they cant flash it via OBD this means a removal of the ECU, it needs to be opened to rewrite. Ehresmann offers a package with a second (original) ECU,downpipe,highflow airfilter and custom mapping for your car. He has several 718's running on track and has a good reputation, an English member on this forum is running his tune, it is mentioned in one of the 'Ehresmann' posts if I remember correctly.
For my 718 I would go for APR , but I am waiting until the car is out of warranty and still thinking about my approach on the GPF (2019 model), a gpf delete or find a specific tune for GPF equipped 718's.
It will depend on your expectations also to find the right tune/tuner. You want a moderate tune or stage2/3, custom mapping on rolling road, ...
I saw you are from the Netherlands, I had previous (VAG) cars tuned by JD Engeneering and VAG techniek and those were rock solid =)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the stage 1 tuning JD Engineering in Holland--- > Citty Lochem
430 HP it's magic what they did !! cost about € 1.000,=
And increase Torque Huge.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats, good tuner. What year is your car? I’m asking to know if you have a GPF/OPF.
2017--> 718 S
What means GPF/OPF ?
Thanks
Gasoline Particle Filter of benzinepartikelfilter, vanaf bouwjaar 2019 zit deze standaard op de Europese 718’s. Mijn 718 is hiermee uitgerust en vind hier nog geen tune voor, had hiervoor geïnformeerd bij JD maar geen antwoord ontvangen tot heden.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Gasoline Particle Filter of benzinepartikelfilter, vanaf bouwjaar 2019 zit deze standaard op de Europese 718’s. Mijn 718 is hiermee uitgerust en vind hier nog geen tune voor, had hiervoor geïnformeerd bij JD maar geen antwoord ontvangen tot heden.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ik weet niet of dit filter invloed heeft(lijkt mij niet)
Zou er naar toe gaan dit persoonlijk te vragen.
Ze hebben inmiddels meerder 718 S getuned, en ik ben zeer onder de indruk van deze verbetering !!

·
Registered
64 Posts
In Belgium go to br performance or divx
in the same city very good tuners stage 1 till 4
thats why I bought a end 2018 GTS :) for tune

·
Registered
454 Posts
In Belgium go to br performance or divx
in the same city very good tuners stage 1 till 4
thats why I bought a end 2018 GTS :) for tune
Don’t get me wrong, this is just my experience/opinion.
BR performance, Bruno worked for Heinz, in whom I have more confidence, Heinz has been tuning Porsches for competition for years. Divx I’ve seen an S3 with chunks out of the piston head due to wrong ignition timing... . Also none of the Belgian tuners has full knowledge of the continental ECU at the moment, what means they are just altering fueling/boost parameters unlike APR . They have a better understanding of thermal management and implement the mappings in with the sportchrono dial. Please choose wisely since our cars are not cheap to repair.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, this is just my experience/opinion.
BR performance, Bruno worked for Heinz, in whom I have more confidence, Heinz has been tuning Porsches for competition for years. Divx I’ve seen an S3 with chunks out of the piston head due to wrong ignition timing... . Also none of the Belgian tuners has full knowledge of the continental ECU at the moment, what means they are just altering fueling/boost parameters unlike APR . They have a better understanding of thermal management and implement the mappings in with the sportchrono dial. Please choose wisely since our cars are not cheap to repair.
I am always tuned by BR with the TT-RS from dual mass to singlemass and sinterclutches and ,... Lot of other stuff, always good work , car never left if it was perfect on graphics.
bruno left Heinz and was the original writer of the programs , they had some big discussions on forums , but that s not my cup of tea. Some buy just there files. But anyway that’s not my point.

the thing is BR stays at 400-420 hp , JD goes to numbers I like on paper but I think it’s pretty far to the point of ..... 440 hp hmm.

heinz... first car been there , they opened the box , and a resistor broke by connecting ... box death , pulled to parking 200 meter away , had to call assistance , no,help further, no word about tuning, to dealer , searching for 10 days , could say nothing. 2500 euro for box , afther long discussion money back for repair costs ...

its hard to say witch is best or better , but it’s nice to have some input from you thx

·
Registered
64 Posts
got some answers from diff tuners in belgium ... all arround 400 hp but no clear answer , always the same sh..., we don t load a stand alone programme , we always use the cars program and make some changes ... what a bulls....
i think i go to the netherlands this time , but i was reading some stuff that made me doubting . launch control not useable anymore ? wheelspin ? anybody some feedback ... thx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good tires and warm weather - spinning is moderate but no ESP triggered. I’ve got 0 .. 100 in 4s even less with 420hp. But car is awesome when doing pulls from cruise speed.
Do not worry to much about over-spinning - do it & enjoy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
so i find a you tube movie before and afther tuning for the GTS , hard to find ... the result is 100-200 from 10.2 - 10.5 , one time was 9.9 but never hit it again ... downhill. afther tuning 100-200 is 8.5 first run , then always 8.2 with 2 people and the boxer gts ( weight) ? .

numbers from 382hp to 450 and 100 torque more.

i still have my TT-rs manual first gen with 420 hp and 600 torque , i cant wait to put my cars to a test ... there is more power lost on quattro drivetrain so it wil be close i think .
language is german on video but its a lot of talking about that this car will anoying a lot of 911 cars 😂,

i was doubting for the power of the car , because off the TT, i started with the cayman 2.0 and thought 300 hp is enough , i want a superb handling car , power is not that prime anymore , then i thought about techart bodykit , ... then my mind said 300 hp and a 500hp look mmm , the cayman S ... but the 2.0 with tuning hit also 370 hp, pfff then the S stage 1 400 hp ... not that big diff... then i saw the gts and the new gts 4.0 , i thought this turbo gts thats it ... it my first porsche i don t whine about a 6 or 4 cilinder , i like all sportcars , i saw a 2.5 turbo and that made my point . new turbo design and in and outlet air. now the numbers for the gts tuning are stunning , now i will have a mid engine fantastic handling car , a turbo engine and tuning potentials even over my older TT🤣
i thank porsche for this limited edition gts cayman ! maybe they thought **** this car will be to fast 😳

video before and afther stage 1

<iframe src="
" width="560" height="315" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"><div><a id="AmhfJrad"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts