Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure to be a lively debate, which will you go with, the excellent PDK or the more traditional MT?

I think I might go MT as the 718 has such an old school vibe to it I don't think it would be right to do dual clutch :D;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Although manual is what I always prefer, i will still give the PDK transmission a try and see if I like it or not in the 718.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that I am going to go with a manual on this car. Most of the time I prefer automatics, but this car is going to be for the purpose of driving, and that makes me want to have it as a manual so I feel more connected to the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that I am going to go with a manual on this car. Most of the time I prefer automatics, but this car is going to be for the purpose of driving, and that makes me want to have it as a manual so I feel more connected to the car.
You can have your cake and eat it too with the PDK! Porsche honestly makes one of the smoothest and most precise dual clutchers in the league, you can finger blast them for spirited fun, or slip into auto mode when you just want to go home :D ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's the reason why I rather wait to test it out for myself, I also am one of those guys that only want manual but this is porsche and im sure they would try to keep it as a drivers car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've never driven with the PDK transmission so maybe I will really like it. I'm definitely willing to give it a try.

Do you think they would stay away from that in the interest of keeping the price of the 718 down, or is it not that expensive to produce?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've never driven with the PDK transmission so maybe I will really like it. I'm definitely willing to give it a try.

Do you think they would stay away from that in the interest of keeping the price of the 718 down, or is it not that expensive to produce?
the PDK has been around for some time and its used in every model except for Cayenne (and maybe Panner) so the cost has been well amortized at this point...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Keeping price down on this might be something important for them to look at seeing how they can tap into a much wider range of buyers depending on how low they go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts