Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 718 back in April 2021 for a September delivery. On my order is the Twin tract sport exhaust, with that nice loud button in the centre console.

My car arrived at the dealer this week with no sport exhaust and no explanation....and as of last week, the sport exhaust is no longer on the UK configerator......but nothing said by Porsche....it was there right up to October when I last looked and yet agin configured my car hat I had waited 7 months for.

If you have a 718 or 718T on order and you expected a sport exhaust , you had better check with you dealer now!

Also Porsche uality control seems broken, I ordered Guards Red with body coloured roll over bars and mine was delivered to dealer with green roll over bars....on a red car........how mnay people does it take to look at green roll over bars on a red car and think......this cant be possible, ....this can't even be ordered in this way.....

I have to say that my Porsche experience has been terrible.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gerald. Did you order park assist front and rear on your original order as that now seems to be included as a no cost option. If you did that should be knocked off your invoice. Has your car been delivered with the front and rear park assist ?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Gerald. Firstly, I understand your frustration and anger but please try and be calm and be wary of your language on an open forum. We don’t want member being blocked.

secondly, my first port of call would be to arrange to speak to the dealer principle. Explain what you ordered and how the car is different and that you’re unhappy. It wouldn’t be good to jump up and down, screaming and shouting. It’s gets you nowhere. Let him look into it and see what he can do.
I had a friend who was in a similar predicament last year and the DP offered him a brand new car with more options for the same price. I’m not saying this is going to happen to you but the DP is the head honcho and it’s his reputation on the line. If they don’t get full points on their customer satisfaction survey they loose their bonuses from Porsche AG.

Make a brew, give the dealership a ring and ask for the dealer principle or even better, go in. If he’s not in, ask to make an appointment to see him next week.
Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gerald. Did you order park assist front and rear on your original order as that now seems to be included as a no cost option. If you did that should be knocked off your invoice. Has your car been delivered with the front and rear park assist ?
When we built the car in April at the dealer, front and rear park assist were standard and my wife who is onlly 5ft tall asked for parking camera so I paid to upgrade to parking camera and just have front sensors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do tou have a picture of green with red ? Just curious.
No and dealer will not let me see the vehicle. I asked to listen to standard exhaust and they are trying to find any 718 in the UK that has been bedded in and has standard exhaust. they won't let me listen to mine as they say car is new and will not sound like the car that I test drove back in April (718 T Boxster 2019 with about 8,000 miles)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ah, that sucks! What are you going to do?
I asked for my deposit back and a complaint form.

My wife is looking at our bank finances to see if we can get enough together to start again at another dealer and order the very same car as an S with the PSE but we went 5K over budget on this one and the S needs another 6K. We would be waiting unti next summer. I wanted one new car in my life that was upmarket and perfect....I am not a rich person.....I have retired but I am trying to see if I can get a job to earn the extra..........my wife and I are so upset....she has cried every day since we were told this week.....we thought we were getting something nice, just to be a bit like her brother. He is very successful businesman and has 3 porsches, but the one we admire is his Cardinal red 911 S4 Cabrilet which had every option....cost over 150K and he has a fully loaded Cayenne....of course all of his came as he ordered them....that happens when you own two and have bought three in the space of 4 years.......they like to look after the people with money.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was under the impression that the PSE was a cost option on a base 718, however it is included on the T models. It is one of the fundamental options fitted to a T to make it a T, if it is now not coming with the PSE, I would have thought the base price of a T should have come down.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No and dealer will not let me see the vehicle. I asked to listen to standard exhaust and they are trying to find any 718 in the UK that has been bedded in and has standard exhaust. they won't let me listen to mine as they say car is new and will not sound like the car that I test drove back in April (718 T Boxster 2019 with about 8,000 miles)
A non PSE car will never sound like PSE car, regardless of how much bedding in there has been. I rarely drive my T without the PSE active.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was under the impression that the PSE was a cost option on a base 718, however it is included on the T models. It is one of the fundamental options fitted to a T to make it a T, if it is now not coming with the PSE, I would have thought the base price of a T should have come down.
The base and T models had PSE as standard for the last couple of years but base and T had the PSE quietly dropped for MY 2022.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I suspect that they will gladly give you your money back as once they have resprayed the hoops they will have no trouble selling it in view of the current stock shortages.
I would say you are 100% right, I was at my OPC on Thursday having a annoying little rattle fixed. And within 5 minutes of being there I was asked by someone in sales if I would be interested in selling mine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A non PSE car will never sound like PSE car, regardless of how much bedding in there has been. I rarely drive my T without the PSE active.
I also used to put my T into PSE mode when I switched on but you did need to be giving the car high revs to get any decent sound. Below 2000 rpm I think the PSE is actually not active even if switched on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also used to put my T into PSE mode when I switched on but you did need to be giving the car high revs to get any decent sound. Below 2000 rpm I think the PSE is actually not active even if switched on.
Sport mode is the optimal setting for sound, switching the PSE on without being in sport I agree is next to pointless. However sport mode on there is a very noticeable difference in tone, and lift off crackles and a few pops.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I asked for my deposit back and a complaint form.

My wife is looking at our bank finances to see if we can get enough together to start again at another dealer and order the very same car as an S with the PSE but we went 5K over budget on this one and the S needs another 6K. We would be waiting unti next summer. I wanted one new car in my life that was upmarket and perfect....I am not a rich person.....I have retired but I am trying to see if I can get a job to earn the extra..........my wife and I are so upset....she has cried every day since we were told this week.....we thought we were getting something nice, just to be a bit like her brother. He is very successful businesman and has 3 porsches, but the one we admire is his Cardinal red 911 S4 Cabrilet which had every option....cost over 150K and he has a fully loaded Cayenne....of course all of his came as he ordered them....that happens when you own two and have bought three in the space of 4 years.......they like to look after the people with money.
Gerald,

There are two quick and (cheaper) workarounds to check with the dealer (if they are serious about making it up to you).
1. The PSE function can be installed by the dealer. It was offered as such on my non PSE car . I was quoted a price of approx $4500 (US) to have it done . It would have been same as factory delivered option (including the button on the dash etc).
2. Ofcourse, the roll bars can be painted.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gerald,

There are two quick and (cheaper) workarounds to check with the dealer (if they are serious about making it up to you).
1. The PSE function can be installed by the dealer. It was offered as such on my non PSE car . I was quoted a price of approx $4500 (US) to have it done . It would have been same as factory delivered option (including the button on the dash etc).
2. Ofcourse, the roll bars can be painted.

Best of luck to you.
The Sales manager has said that it is not worth them adding the PSE back in.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
They won't let you see your car? That makes no sense. Is there something else they aren't telling you? I think if I were you I'd just drop in and say "I want to see the car you ordered for me. Where is it?" There's something funny going on here...
BTW, did you confirm on your order invoice that you truly ordered body colored hoops? Just asking.
MOO & FWIW

1 - 20 of 100 Posts