Porsche 718 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

Registered
Well, I definitely had a heartbeat skip here. My 2022 Cayman T just landed in Jacksonville; expected at dealer next week....I will let you guys know on the PSE for US market since I was an October build; not sure when 2022 builds started. Anyway, after 5 months wait the worst part will be keeping the RPM's below 4K for the break in period (mine is a 6MT).

Super Moderator
Anyway, after 5 months wait the worst part will be keeping the RPM's below 4K for the break in period (mine is a 6MT).
You won't really have much trouble 馃榾, if you do you will also have trouble keeping your license!
(BTW, short, small excursions above the 4000 are not really an issue.)

Enjoy!

Registered
I re checked my printed order and standard spec sheet last night for my base 718 order Gerald and it just says Twin Tract Exhaust System not Sport Twin Tract Exhaust System like the 718 S includes on its standard spec.There is also a clause on the paperwork that says Porsche has the right to change the spec, price etc at any time without notice to the customer .I guess this leaves us without any comeback on the PSE at all ,but I have written to Porsche GB Customer Services asking them to look into the fact that my SA guaranteed the car would have PSE and checked with his Sales Manager and Chief Mechanic before confirming with me when I ordered on 1st June.I will report back when I get a reply from Porsche GB - I threatened to cancel my order if nothing was done about it .
Also I watched a You Tube post yesterday that USA dealers are farming deposits for orders of cars they know wont be built due to the semi conductor shortages and Covid 19 issues - Allocations are 1/3rd of what they normally are for that market .The Covid situation has got worse in Germany over the last week - see the press yesterday and I can see this affecting production schedules in Stuttgart .
I was going to go and do a factory tour early in the new year but you cant book one until at least the end of this year due to the local three tier Covid Regulations they say and they have ceased doing them for 2021 .You also have to be double vaccinated to do one and visit the Museum .
If my 718 isn't allocated Mid December ,as indicated this week by the SA ( when he finally confirmed the car wouldn't have PSE) I will be asking for my deposit back and either looking for a well specked low mileage 718 with PSE on it or sticking with my tried and trusted BMW for now.

Registered
I re checked my printed order and standard spec sheet last night for my base 718 order Gerald and it just says Twin Tract Exhaust System not Sport Twin Tract Exhaust System like the 718 S includes on its standard spec.There is also a clause on the paperwork that says Porsche has the right to change the spec, price etc at any time without notice to the customer .I guess this leaves us without any comeback on the PSE at all ,but I have written to Porsche GB Customer Services asking them to look into the fact that my SA guaranteed the car would have PSE and checked with his Sales Manager and Chief Mechanic before confirming with me when I ordered on 1st June.I will report back when I get a reply from Porsche GB - I threatened to cancel my order if nothing was done about it .
Also I watched a You Tube post yesterday that USA dealers are farming deposits for orders of cars they know wont be built due to the semi conductor shortages and Covid 19 issues - Allocations are 1/3rd of what they normally are for that market .The Covid situation has got worse in Germany over the last week - see the press yesterday and I can see this affecting production schedules in Stuttgart .
I was going to go and do a factory tour early in the new year but you cant book one until at least the end of this year due to the local three tier Covid Regulations they say and they have ceased doing them for 2021 .You also have to be double vaccinated to do one and visit the Museum .
If my 718 isn't allocated Mid December ,as indicated this week by the SA ( when he finally confirmed the car wouldn't have PSE) I will be asking for my deposit back and either looking for a well specked low mileage 718 with PSE on it or sticking with my tried and trusted BMW for now.
Problem with rejecting the order is that Porsche won't care, the dealers know there is currently more demand than supply and they will easily sell the car to someone else.

Registered
2021 Cayman T
First off, you should get what you want. But with supply chains getting interrupted, manufacturers simply can't get enough of certain parts, and face the choice of either delivering a car by substituting available components to you, or no car at all.

I ordered a Cayman T last December in the US and took delivery in early June, after it had sat in Baltimore for a month waiting for a tire pressure receiver module. I had ordered ventilated Sport-Tex seats, but not heated, and I did not upgrade the HVAC system. When I got the car it came with dual-zone climate control, and heated and ventilated and heated leather seats. I took it and ran. I love the car.

My personal opinion is that the sport exhaust is not worth having, and my car pops and burbles on drop-throttle even with it turned off. But I prefer a car that is fast without drawing attention, and with the noise comes no extra power. Again, your preference is what matters here. If the content you got is less than what you paid for, they should certainly refund you the difference. As for the hoops, I imagine someone could paint them just as well or better than Porsche would in production.

The fact that I used to work in the auto industry may have something to do with my attitude. All it takes is not being able to get one minor part out of the thousands in the car, and you can't build cars. We got shut down once because we couldn't get spark plugs!

Registered
718 Cayman S 2018, lowered 30mm with TechArt springs, porschecrests on frunk and center cap shields
Gerald. Firstly, I understand your frustration and anger but please try and be calm and be wary of your language on an open forum. We don鈥檛 want member being blocked.

secondly, my first port of call would be to arrange to speak to the dealer principle. Explain what you ordered and how the car is different and that you鈥檙e unhappy. It wouldn鈥檛 be good to jump up and down, screaming and shouting. It鈥檚 gets you nowhere. Let him look into it and see what he can do.
I had a friend who was in a similar predicament last year and the DP offered him a brand new car with more options for the same price. I鈥檓 not saying this is going to happen to you but the DP is the head honcho and it鈥檚 his reputation on the line. If they don鈥檛 get full points on their customer satisfaction survey they loose their bonuses from Porsche AG.

Make a brew, give the dealership a ring and ask for the dealer principle or even better, go in. If he鈥檚 not in, ask to make an appointment to see him next week.
Good luck.
I like the idea of the DP trying everything and anything to make you happy. Try that first. That's Porsche culture. Or at least it should be and they DO LIKE/DEMAND perfect scores on evaluations. When you are tooling around in your new 718 you will forget all about the other Porsches cuz you will be enjoying the best model they have!

Registered
718 Cayman S 2018, lowered 30mm with TechArt springs, porschecrests on frunk and center cap shields
I have a 718S and have no idea if I have PSE. BUT I do have the Sport Mode button and drive with it on all the time. Works for the growler guy in me. Then again I put my windows down just to hear other loud cars...

Registered
No. Sport actually sound better as it鈥檚 supposed to give you more burbles and bangs on the over run. Not that I鈥檝e heard it on mine.
I haven't got the PSE or Chrono, but I do get occasional pops cracks and bangs in sport mode. I think this may have been reduced though on later models.

Registered
I haven't got the PSE or Chrono, but I do get occasional pops cracks and bangs in sport mode. I think this may have been reduced though on later models.
My 2018 Cayman S is tre blatty and poppie in Sport Mode. I had a spendy solution with Sharkwerks with my 911 to get that noise, but the CS came with "the loud button"! I have PDK and I love revving after pressing both pedals to neutral, especially under bridges and in tunnels. I'm sure no one else notices :cool:

Registered
Problem with rejecting the order is that Porsche won't care, the dealers know there is currently more demand than supply and they will easily sell the car to someone else.
Well Porsche GB Customer Services just bounced my complaint email back to the Salesman at Porsche Preston yesterday,regarding no PSE on the MY22 718 Base Boxster I ordered despite the Salesman checking and confirming with me that it would be included.
I spoke to him last night regarding it and he said Porsche probably had let them know, but he hadn鈥檛 been told and they have had issues with the software Porsche send the communications on.No apology from either party or goodwill gesture.I have emailed Customer Services again about this,but won鈥檛 hold my breath ! Do they deserve my business / hard earned money ? Beginning to doubt they do ,plus I could buy a 2019 to 2021 718 second hand for a little less 拢 with the PSE on it and not have to wait at least 9 months for it.
Their attitude appears to be 'Do you want the Car or not ,if you do you have to take it without the PSE despite us confirming you would have it included when you ordered the car and handed over your 拢3000 deposit on 1st June 2021'.

Registered
Well Porsche GB Customer Services just bounced my complaint email back to the Salesman at Porsche Preston yesterday,regarding no PSE on the MY22 718 Base Boxster I ordered despite the Salesman checking and confirming with me that it would be included.
I spoke to him last night regarding it and he said Porsche probably had let them know, but he hadn鈥檛 been told and they have had issues with the software Porsche send the communications on.No apology from either party or goodwill gesture.I have emailed Customer Services again about this,but won鈥檛 hold my breath ! Do they deserve my business / hard earned money ? Beginning to doubt they do ,plus I could buy a 2019 to 2021 718 second hand for a little less 拢 with the PSE on it and not have to wait at least 9 months for it.
Their attitude appears to be 'Do you want the Car or not ,if you do you have to take it without the PSE despite us confirming you would have it included when you ordered the car and handed over your 拢3000 deposit on 1st June 2021'.
To be fair to the sales guys, even if you ordered the car in January, for example, before the change in MY and spec and your car was only scheduled for build after the MY change, there is nothing they could do. If you read the small print in your order, Porsche reserve the right to change model specifications as and when. Yes, I agree you should have been told that the PSE had been removed but reading other posts from those who have ordered from other dealerships, they've had the same issue. Did you ask them for a good will? I'm a big believer in 'if you don't ask, you don't get'.

The question you need to ask yourself is do you want a brand new car straight out of the box built to your own specification or do you want a used one? Personally, I'd go for the new one and get them to fit the twin tail pipes as some form of good will if you haven't already specced them on the car (they're only a bolt on).

Registered
2022 718 Boxster Pdk
To be fair to the sales guys, even if you ordered the car in January, for example, before the change in MY and spec and your car was only scheduled for build after the MY change, there is nothing they could do. If you read the small print in your order, Porsche reserve the right to change model specifications as and when. Yes, I agree you should have been told that the PSE had been removed but reading other posts from those who have ordered from other dealerships, they've had the same issue. Did you ask them for a good will? I'm a big believer in 'if you don't ask, you don't get'.

The question you need to ask yourself is do you want a brand new car straight out of the box built to your own specification or do you want a used one? Personally, I'd go for the new one and get them to fit the twin tail pipes as some form of good will if you haven't already specced them on the car (they're only a bolt on).
I have suggested a goodwill offer but got no reaction from the Salesman but have written to the customer services guy again.I have specified the twin tail pipes but will have a go.

Registered
Not good, there are a few T models available throughout the OPC network, some with very low mileage
Yes but do you want to pay 拢60k+ for a low mileage 2 year old T. I got rid of my Boxster T in August as the prices being paid by dealers was too good to ignore. I bought my good spec T at 10 months old and 3,000 miles ( list price 拢65,000) for 拢50,000. Sold it 10 months later and with another 3000 miles for a profit of 拢5000. The 718 T is a very nice car but in my view not a 拢65k car. The sports exhaust that was standard wasn鈥檛 very impressive. No pops or burbles and really needed to be at high revs to be heard. I suspect US cars have a better sounding PSE as they don鈥檛 have the gasoline particulate filters that we have.

Registered
I have suggested a goodwill offer but got no reaction from the Salesman but have written to the customer services guy again.I have specified the twin tail pipes but will have a go.
I have also written to the Salesman again suggesting he discusses a Goodwill gesture with Porsche GB and gives me the Silver twin tail pipes I wanted for as way of compensation for the lack of PSE.I will keep you appraised of their answer.

Registered
Yes but do you want to pay 拢60k+ for a low mileage 2 year old T. I got rid of my Boxster T in August as the prices being paid by dealers was too good to ignore. I bought my good spec T at 10 months old and 3,000 miles ( list price 拢65,000) for 拢50,000. Sold it 10 months later and with another 3000 miles for a profit of 拢5000. The 718 T is a very nice car but in my view not a 拢65k car. The sports exhaust that was standard wasn鈥檛 very impressive. No pops or burbles and really needed to be at high revs to be heard. I suspect US cars have a better sounding PSE as they don鈥檛 have the gasoline particulate filters that we have.
Unless you go to a 2018 or older you are not going to get great sound from the exhaust, all the regulations which came in early 2019 are making this impossible. And it鈥檚 only going to get worse, I imagine manufacturers will leave the cost of developing these systems for sound to their top of the range products, so for Porsche you are going to need to be buying GT products to be impressed by the noise

Registered
I wouldn鈥檛 pay that sort of money either, I bought my Boxster T in April this year. New with its options it was 拢68k, I paid 拢51k. I was offered around the same money to sell it in August, I declined as everything else was also costing strong money, so anything I made was just going to go into the replacement car.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts