Porsche 718 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Let’s say you were notified as soon as the change was made to your order. You would still have to decide whether you want the car or not. The only difference is that now that decision is being made a few months later. You were never going to get PSE so that really isn’t an option. Your only option is to take a brand new car or somebody’s he used car with Sport Exhaust or move to another brand I know what I would use choose which is the new car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let’s say you were notified as soon as the change was made to your order. You would still have to decide whether you want the car or not. The only difference is that now that decision is being made a few months later. You were never going to get PSE so that really isn’t an option. Your only option is to take a brand new car or somebody’s he used car with Sport Exhaust or move to another brand I know what I would use choose which is the new car.
All resolved now and the new 718 Boxster it is.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster Pdk
4 Posts
Bavaria has declared a state of emergency today and are going into stages of Covid lockdown - I can see the area around Stuttgart being bad too & production being slowed down yet again !

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Bavaria has declared a state of emergency today and are going into stages of Covid lockdown - I can see the area around Stuttgart being bad too & production being slowed down yet again !
thats too bad. I guess it’s to be expected with the weather getting colder. I hope people stay safe and keep their families safe. The cars can wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For those following this thread in the U.S., I took delivery of my 2022 Cayman T on Thursday last week and it has PSE and everything else I ordered. Lots of pops and burbles in 'Sport' mode (not in sport plus or regular). Car's awesome and frankly I would absolutely recommend it even without the exhaust, it really isn't a big deal especially as I immediately disabled the ridiculously bad sounding soundaktor which accounted for 75% of cabin noise. I do recommend the manual....it's a gem with the short-throw stick shift. Also, the Cayman T interior is very nice and the manual 2-way seats are comfortable but fairly narrow; so worth trying if you're a bit wider in the seat. Other than that, 200 miles in keeping under 4K it's just a nice fun car that turns heads. On a not so great note, got a nail or screw in my right rear tire yesterday....two days in...lol; luckily I think it can be plugged - will do tomorrow. Really happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
For those following this thread in the U.S., I took delivery of my 2022 Cayman T on Thursday last week and it has PSE and everything else I ordered. Lots of pops and burbles in 'Sport' mode (not in sport plus or regular). Car's awesome and frankly I would absolutely recommend it even without the exhaust, it really isn't a big deal especially as I immediately disabled the ridiculously bad sounding soundaktor which accounted for 75% of cabin noise. I do recommend the manual....it's a gem with the short-throw stick shift. Also, the Cayman T interior is very nice and the manual 2-way seats are comfortable but fairly narrow; so worth trying if you're a bit wider in the seat. Other than that, 200 miles in keeping under 4K it's just a nice fun car that turns heads. On a not so great note, got a nail or screw in my right rear tire yesterday....two days in...lol; luckily I think it can be plugged - will do tomorrow. Really happy with the purchase.
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your new steed...please post some pics soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your new steed...please post some pics soon!
Thank you. Here's a few photos from day 1. I need to do a proper shoot during the week. But overall what everyone likes is the silver/grey combo including the interior. It's a nice low-key combination. I was 50/50 with white and am happy went with the classic GT Silver.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Steering part
Car Vehicle Steering part Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,139 Posts
The words "class" and "classic" come to mind. Another beauty is aboard..... Well done. Many, many happy miles and years are ahead....

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Thank you. Here's a few photos from day 1. I need to do a proper shoot during the week. But overall what everyone likes is the silver/grey combo including the interior. It's a nice low-key combination. I was 50/50 with white and am happy went with the classic GT Silver.
View attachment 36248
View attachment 36249 View attachment 36246 View attachment 36247 View attachment 36250
@Raven nailed it...total class! The SportTex pinstripes and extended stitching add a sophisticated up-market look that perfectly ties the exterior to the interior. And, you are already ahead of the game with your clear side marker mod. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Raven nailed it...total class! The SportTex pinstripes and extended stitching add a sophisticated up-market look that perfectly ties the exterior to the interior. And, you are already ahead of the game with your clear side marker mod. Enjoy!
Thank you. The only mods I'm planning to make in the first year is some carbon fiber bits.....mirror caps, side vents, and diffuser. Need to find a good quality option....any suggestions from this group would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Thank you. The only mods I'm planning to make in the first year is some carbon fiber bits.....mirror caps, side vents, and diffuser. Need to find a good quality option....any suggestions from this group would be appreciated!
The King of everything carbon fiber is @lsturbointeg...review his posts and you will be amazed!

Reactions: Raven and ZbladeJr

·
Registered
9 Posts
The words "class" and "classic" come to mind. Another beauty is aboard..... Well done. Many, many happy miles and years are ahead....
Thanks guys. I love the car. It's not as raw as the M2 Competition 6 speed I was going to order before they stopped production and I'm glad I went with the Cayman. It's very easy to drive slow but has a feisty side for sure. I need to get through the break-in....luckily being off work this week helps.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts