Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though my delivery will possibly be 2 birthdays away thought I would start stalking the 718 Forums :)Previous owned 981 GR GT4 and 981 Cayman S, got made redundant now have work, now time for new Porsche, this time thought I would go topless. Currently gentian with black/bordeaux leather and black roof
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

But may flip to crayon with same interior and red roof
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Crayon a bit braver call on colour but I saw 992 Carrera with same combo (other than roof) and it looked pretty awesome.
I have maybe a year to wait - so plenty of time to change my mind - several times lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
885 Posts
My Cayman is white w/ beige interior so could not do Chalk/Crayon. But I dig how that looks with the red interior!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started off with white with the black/bordeaux but loved gentian when i saw it for real, but then i saw the 992 and thought it looked cool and a bit left field, which appealed. I had sapphire blue Cayman S with agate/ amber and i loved that colour combo, but it looked terrible in the configurator - bright orange - was convinced by a primary school teacher who told me it would work - luckily she was right lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bordeaux is a lot darker than the red, again configurator doesn't do it justice, and if I hadn't seen it in real life I probably wouldn't pick it either.

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,312 Posts
Blue with a red interior would not be for me, just doesn’t work at all in my opinion.
i thought the same until I actually saw Bordeaux in person. Almost all of the pictures and videos of Bordeaux are wrong. It’s not that red. Digital sensors just really struggle with this color I think.

I think it looks really good with gentian.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i thought the same until I actually saw Bordeaux in person. Almost all of the pictures and videos of Bordeaux are wrong. It’s not that red. Digital sensors just really struggle with this color I think.

I think it looks really good with gentian.
I‘ve seen the Bordeaux in person as well, I still don’t think it goes with a blue exterior.

It would look really well with GT silver, white or Crayon.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Both builds would look great, but if pressed would do Gentian/Bordeaux. Fortunately, you have more than a year to finalize your selection. With luck, Porsche will offer more colors to further complicate your decision. So enjoy the process and welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2022 Boxster 25 #618 / 1250
153 Posts
Do yourself a favor and check out the full red brushed aluminum look of the Boxster 25. It’s amazing and I love mine! No regrets at all.

Here’s a local Boxster 25 with white / red interior and red top.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Even though my delivery will possibly be 2 birthdays away thought I would start stalking the 718 Forums :)Previous owned 981 GR GT4 and 981 Cayman S, got made redundant now have work, now time for new Porsche, this time thought I would go topless. Currently gentian with black/bordeaux leather and black roof
View attachment 37699

View attachment 37700

View attachment 37702

View attachment 37703

Crayon a bit braver call on colour but I saw 992 Carrera with same combo (other than roof) and it looked pretty awesome.
I have maybe a year to wait - so plenty of time to change my mind - several times lol
View attachment 37699

View attachment 37700

View attachment 37702

View attachment 37703

I'd be careful choosing blue with bordeaux. They will clash, and not in a good way. Chalk/ Crayon has a tinge of brown, which is in the red family. Now that's a match.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Both builds would look great, but if pressed would do Gentian/Bordeaux. Fortunately, you have more than a year to finalize your selection. With luck, Porsche will offer more colors to further complicate your decision. So enjoy the process and welcome to the Forum.
Thanks, the wait is a bit longer than anyone would want but it always good fun messing around with configurator, hopefully might get to see a crayon boxster with the red roof for real given how long i will have to wait

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member.. CGTS eta late May...metallic white and originally Bordeaux interior UNTIL I saw a new SUV with it. At least a couple shades off the showroom sample.....definitely NOT "manufacturing tolerance" issue. ("Washed our/almost faded/ orangish). Salesperson agreed totally and I've changed it to Luxor Beige. FYI...ordered late OCT '21, ETA late May '22

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
New member.. CGTS eta late May...metallic white and originally Bordeaux interior UNTIL I saw a new SUV with it. At least a couple shades off the showroom sample.....definitely NOT "manufacturing tolerance" issue. ("Washed our/almost faded/ orangish). Salesperson agreed totally and I've changed it to Luxor Beige. FYI...ordered late OCT '21, ETA late May '22
Congratulations, glad to have you aboard and welcome to the Waiters Club. Your CGTS follows my BGTS by approximately one month. Hopefully your allocation wait wasn't insufferably long. When did you go V200?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mid-late OCT '21.....ETA late May.......but the "waiter" in front of me backed out......I got their slot thus no idea how long they had been waiting......I feel like I won the lottery. I did not expect to get a confirmation until 1st qtr '22 at the earliest per the salesman.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts