Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well as we slowly come out of this difficult period we have all found ourselves in!

After 2.5 years of fabulous ownership of my first 718 Boxster I have decided to pull the trigger and order another, this time I have decided to order a GTS. deposit paid last week.

build code PNFZFPH6, still have plenty of time to adjust the spec but all in all I am very happy with this.

now I am just waiting to find out when I will have a build date... exciting times ahead. I will miss my Boxster as it was my first Porsche and build to order. Used car prices are starting to rise so should get a favourable trade in price for my 718B as there is a shortage of cars at the moment. (We will see! LOL)

Cheers

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
901 Posts
Looks great, but of course I would say that. I was torn between the Luxor/Black and the Espresso/Cognac interiors. Eventually went with the latter. Both look good.

You might want to consider an upgrade of the trim. The default shiny plastic (had it in my 981) isn't up to the rest of the interior. Brushed aluminum and brushed black aluminum look good as does leather (my choice).

I cannot believe that the charge you for the smoking package. It seems to be free in most regions.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@OttawaSteve those were my two interior colour choices as well, I finally decided on the black/luxor as I felt if I went for the Espresso/Cognac I would have to get the brown roof to tie the whole build together, but I personally don't like the look of the brown roof so Black/Luxor was the best choice for me.

In terms if the Dash trim I totally understand what you are saying but I have the standard trim at the moment on my 718B and it does not bother me one bit. Actually I prefer it as then it ties in with the door handles and the finishing trims on the door panels by the speakers, everything is the same style trim rather than a mixture if different finishes

Well it is only £38.00 so in Porsche terms it is basically free LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
That looks awesome. I'm so indecisive.

I've spent literally weeks going back and forth between

Boxster Guards Red with Platinum (This is what I've ordered)
Cayman Guards Red with Platinum
Cayman Gentian Blue with Silver

and now you post that photo!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks awesome. I'm so indecisive.

I've spent literally weeks going back and forth between

Boxster Guards Red with Platinum (This is what I've ordered)
Cayman Guards Red with Platinum
Cayman Gentian Blue with Silver

and now you post that photo!

Hi @glen8 I have been back and forward on the colour of the exterior/interior and wheels too many times to count, I think that's half the fun. I was not sure about the satin aurum wheels at first as when I see gold wheels I always think Subaru Impreza. Then I saw them at an OPC, they look awesome and had to have them. They are a lot lighter in person. I will find the picture and post it for you. They also fit very nicely with Guards Red and the Luxor Beige

what spec have you ordered?

·
Registered
82 Posts
@Ulysse0 @djs1903

Boxster GTS 4.0
Guards Red
Alloys in Satin Platinum
Racetex with Extended Leather
PDK
Power Steering Plus
Light Design Package
Folding Mirrors
Rain Sensors
Rear Camera
Heated Multi Function Steering Wheel in RaceTex
Two Zone Climate Control
Passenger footwell Net

The above is now fixed, I ain't changing it anymore lol

The only change might be the burmester audio. I always said it was something I'd never select, but I do like my music....even though I realise it's silly expensive, and not ideal in a car like the boxster.....still, I am tempted. Might go halfway house and get the Bose.

I actually had the luxor beige interior at one point, but I thought it would be hard to keep clean, and was worried about dye transfer from dark jeans. Probably not a problem, then I thought because it's a GTS, I want to stick with the racetex interior as I do like the feel of it.

Does look absolutely beautiful though!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@glen8 Nice Spec, I have the Bose in my Boxster at the moment and have ordered it again, for me it is all I need, I feel it is far superior to the standard system and I don't feel I would notice or care too much in reference to the sound quality verses the Burmester. I personally don't listen to a lot of music anyway, I mean the last cd I bought was an Oasis album LOL

·
Registered
285 Posts
@glen8
this is mine - I can still change it up to 18th June, but I'm done!!!

718 Boxster GTS 4.0
Crayon with Blue Roof
Graphite Blue leather interior
Extended interior trim package with decorative stitching in contrasting colour - Crayon
Seat centres in leather in contrasting colour - Crayon
Steering column casing in leather with decorative stitching in contrasting colour - Crayon
Roll-over bars painted in exterior colour
‘PORSCHE’ logo painted in Satin Black
6-speed manual transmission
20-inch 718 Sport wheels painted in Satin Platinum
Electrically folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
Heated multifunction steering wheel
Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric) incl. memory package
Two-zone automatic climate control
Passenger footwell storage net
Seat belts in Crayon
Instrument dials White
Porsche Crest on headrests
Personalised floor mats with leather edging - Graphite Blue, Crayon edging and inlays; Graphite Blue stitching
Brushed aluminium interior package (with leather interior)
Gear lever in brushed aluminium Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell me about it - I spent weeks mulling over colours and wheels
Finally settled on. Crayon with Satin Platinum wheels - I saw the wheels in photos and in person - so much better than the configurator!
the configurator can be very deceiving when it comes to colours. I would of selected the black calipers as I am not really one for bright coloured brakes and on the configurator I think the red brakes look a little strange with the gold wheels but when I saw them in person with Satin Aurum wheels they really do pop

·
Registered
82 Posts
the configurator can be very deceiving when it comes to colours. I would of selected the black calipers as I am not really one for bright coloured brakes and on the configurator I think the red brakes look a little strange with the gold wheels but when I saw them in person with Satin Aurum wheels they really do pop
Red calipers on guards red is a must imho I think your spec will look stunning. The red chrono dials is triggering my ocd though lol but I'd never tell anyone what they should spec. Get what you like.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sometimes wonder if the options list is actually a good thing or not lol
Hahaha, I find its best to take your time and build what you are happy with and then stick to it! otherwise you will forever keep changing your spec! its far to easy to keep changing colour etc. I usually find in the end when you have to lock your spec in you always revert back to the first colour choice you made anyway

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,381 Posts
All of these posts about color choices... My Box is 100% shades of grey with the top being black (presence of all colors). Being color blind makes color choices a piece of cake. But I do envy all of you with descriptions and choices. They must be beautiful.

Reactions: Ulysse0

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
901 Posts
Re the configurator. In my experience, there tends to be more regrets for things that you didn't order as opposed to those that you did. It's only money.

The Bose is, somewhat sadly, worth it as the base system is an abomination. I think the Burm is a step too far, especially in a roadster. These cars are loud. YMMV.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hahaha, I find its best to take your time and build what you are happy with and then stick to it! otherwise you will forever keep changing your spec! its far to easy to keep changing colour etc. I usually find in the end when you have to lock your spec in you always revert back to the first colour choice you made anyway
haha, this has to be the most accurate post on the forum. You are spot on. Weeks later I'm pretty much back where I started lol

The last little bit is between the colour of alloys (satin black, silver or platinum)....Mmmmmm

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am still waiting for a build date at the present moment. I don't actually mind the wait, that's half the fun for me :) It gives you plenty of time to play on the configurator! which also means I have tweaked my spec a little, decided to go for it and have added carbon dash trim and door sill guards, Porsche logo in black and the big one! PCCB

new build code PNWXZ9P5

1 - 20 of 84 Posts