Porsche 718 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Didn't do "Navigation Including Porsche Connect" since it came with CarPlay which enables the iPhone/mapping/Siri combo to integrate. Works great wirelessly using CPlay2air.

Reactions: jimdillard

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
@jimdillard as @Scrounger has mentioned, Nav is standard fitment in the UK. Although I don't see what difference it would make as the speed limit indicator works off a camera mounted by the interior mirror and works off the digital display in the instrument cluster. Its a useful little feature that keeps you aware of the speed to are doing verses the actual speed limit

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ok so I now have a little progress, I have a build completion date of 2nd May 2022, I personally am not worried about all other dates as they are not important, you will find out as it goes along the process anyway. I don't get excited about the "V" status as it really doesn't matter. I can judge that its very roughly up to 6 weeks from build completion to collection for the UK
The only other adjustment to my build is that for some bizarre reason Sun Visors in Race-Tex are on Stop Sale so are taken off my build.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Ok so I now have a little progress, I have a build completion date of 2nd May 2022, I personally am not worried about all other dates as they are not important, you will find out as it goes along the process anyway. I don't get excited about the "V" status as it really doesn't matter. I can judge that its very roughly up to 6 weeks from build completion to collection for the UK
The only other adjustment to my build is that for some bizarre reason Sun Visors in Race-Tex are on Stop Sale so are taken off my build.
Dates:
When your ship leaves Germany and your SA gives you the Vessel Name and Ship ID. (You then get to spend 7 to 10 days glued to the screen learning more about weather patterns, wave height, ports of call, which ports have CCTV's by the harbor entrances, how your nerves are holding out, etc.)
The second important date is when your SA says "come and get it" or it shows up in your driveway (as it happened in my case).
All else is moot..... Just saying..... :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hello @Raven,
Over this side of the pond I don't think the shipping is such a big deal as the ship arrives within 1 or 2 days max, where as I can see its more of an event for you guys as you get to follow it across the Atlantic and through the Panama canal depending which side you live

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Hello @Raven,
Over this side of the pond I don't think the shipping is such a big deal as the ship arrives within 1 or 2 days max, where as I can see its more of an event for you guys as you get to follow it across the Atlantic and through the Panama canal depending which side you live
True! You could just "pop" over and start building your break-in milage coming back through the Tunnel. In any case you're getting close which is the important thing. Can't wait for your impressions/photos.

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
@Raven
6-8 hour drive and you would be there or at least in Germany. I will on my next one do a factory collection, that would be quite special I think. As soon as she arrives I will post some pictures, nearer the time I will start getting excited but for the time being its no different to any other day. I work for a Motor Manufacture so I tend not to get too excited about these things as I deal with them every day from the other side of the door

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It could sit there for some time. Mine said that even when it was sat at Emden.
I’d still get the build time line updates from PVMS every week from your dealer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
How can you get these wheels on a GTS ? here in Canada we can’t, 20 inches minium. I was waiting for a picture of yours with aurum wheels. Because i didn t decided yet on mine.
Thats just a basic picture to start with, I am assuming it will change and look like the actual car once it is built, I will let you know once its completed... It says in the small print underneath... You do take a few glances at the picture when you first open the app and wonder "is that my car!"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It could sit there for some time. Mine said that even when it was sat at Emden.
I’d still get the build time line updates from PVMS every week from your dealer.
That's perfectly fine with me, I work in the industry for a different manufacture so I know all the challenges during these very strange times. I placed my order last May and haven't once chased for an update or what status the car is at. Its pointless knowing as all that will happen is you either get too excited and then disappointed when its delayed or you just get disappointed straight away. Half the fun is not knowing!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thats just a basic picture to start with, I am assuming it will change and look like the actual car once it is built, I will let you know once its completed... It says in the small print underneath... You do take a few glances at the picture when you first open the app and wonder "is that my car!"
Oh yes you just or your salesman put a basic configuration to start and after you modified it. It was the same for me but at step 2 it should look like your configuration

41 - 60 of 85 Posts