Porsche 718 Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Cayman GTS 4.0
211 Posts
Well one of the levels we are all waiting for has been completed! The Porsche App has updated today, my 718 BGTS is built, well I already knew that but its lovely to actually see the car!
Personally I think the Satin Aurum wheels look awesome against Guards Red. So So Happy! It just needs to get from Emden to Sheerness now, then onto my OPC

View attachment 44742 View attachment 44743
Good colour combination!

I initially chose Guards Red with Aurum wheels but I've previously owned a Cayman in GR and Shark Blue kept calling to me despite my reluctance to shell out for a "special colour" that's the same as VW Cornflower blue.

Mine didn't take long to get from the pictures stage to the dealer, so hopefully not long to wait now :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Good colour combination!

I initially chose Guards Red with Aurum wheels but I've previously owned a Cayman in GR and Shark Blue kept calling to me despite my reluctance to shell out for a "special colour" that's the same as VW Cornflower blue.

Mine didn't take long to get from the pictures stage to the dealer, so hopefully not long to wait now :)
Thank you @Mark_G I am very happy with Guards Red and I feel the Aurum wheels contrast really well, my previous Boxster was white with high gloss black wheels so I wanted something different this time. Shark blue is a lovely colour and like yourself I have a reluctance to pay for special colours, so I decided early on if I was going to pay for a colour I will go PTS but this was not available to me at the time of ordering so I decided to go with the historic Guards Red.
I am guessing it will be about a month till collection now, I am a patient person and been waiting since May21 so another 3-4 weeks makes no difference. Its actually built now so the end is in sight!:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
A nice surprise message this morning. Really making progress now! Shouldn't be very long until collection day now... I am guessing 2-3 weeks depending on when they send this update as i dont know if the update means the car has landed at the docks in Sheerness or is now waiting to board the next vessel.... either way not long to go!

Photograph White Light Product Font

81 - 85 of 85 Posts