Porsche 718 Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
Cayman GTS 4.0
259 Posts
Well one of the levels we are all waiting for has been completed! The Porsche App has updated today, my 718 BGTS is built, well I already knew that but its lovely to actually see the car!
Personally I think the Satin Aurum wheels look awesome against Guards Red. So So Happy! It just needs to get from Emden to Sheerness now, then onto my OPC

View attachment 44742 View attachment 44743
Good colour combination!

I initially chose Guards Red with Aurum wheels but I've previously owned a Cayman in GR and Shark Blue kept calling to me despite my reluctance to shell out for a "special colour" that's the same as VW Cornflower blue.

Mine didn't take long to get from the pictures stage to the dealer, so hopefully not long to wait now :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Good colour combination!

I initially chose Guards Red with Aurum wheels but I've previously owned a Cayman in GR and Shark Blue kept calling to me despite my reluctance to shell out for a "special colour" that's the same as VW Cornflower blue.

Mine didn't take long to get from the pictures stage to the dealer, so hopefully not long to wait now :)
Thank you @Mark_G I am very happy with Guards Red and I feel the Aurum wheels contrast really well, my previous Boxster was white with high gloss black wheels so I wanted something different this time. Shark blue is a lovely colour and like yourself I have a reluctance to pay for special colours, so I decided early on if I was going to pay for a colour I will go PTS but this was not available to me at the time of ordering so I decided to go with the historic Guards Red.
I am guessing it will be about a month till collection now, I am a patient person and been waiting since May21 so another 3-4 weeks makes no difference. Its actually built now so the end is in sight!:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
A nice surprise message this morning. Really making progress now! Shouldn't be very long until collection day now... I am guessing 2-3 weeks depending on when they send this update as i dont know if the update means the car has landed at the docks in Sheerness or is now waiting to board the next vessel.... either way not long to go!

Photograph White Light Product Font

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
False alarm! Spoke to my OPC today and my Boxster GTS is still sat at Emden, it never made it onto the vessel. Best guess now is it will land at the start of Sept... There is a vessel scheduled for Sheerness on the 1st Sept so this looks promising! So the fun of following car carriers and looking at schedules starts again LOL

·
Registered
936 Posts
False alarm! Spoke to my OPC today and my Boxster GTS is still sat at Emden, it never made it onto the vessel. Best guess now is it will land at the start of Sept... There is a vessel scheduled for Sheerness on the 1st Sept so this looks promising! So the fun of following car carriers and looking at schedules starts again LOL
Ouch - that build up, only to find out there's more wait. Not too far off - at least the voyage is short one to the Isles

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Ouch - that build up, only to find out there's more wait. Not too far off - at least the voyage is short one to the Isles
I don't actually mind to be honest, I enjoyed the build up and tracking the vessel across from Emden so to do it again should be even more fun this time, I also know how to operate the vessel finder site now...
apart from all that its only going to be a few weeks or a month until collection I would guess so its no drama! It will be here when it gets here, I cant speed that process up so there is no point in getting all upset over it!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I have been told my BGTS is due to ship on the 2nd Sept this coming Friday. So the fun of watching the vessel tracker and shipping schedules starts again! From the looks of it my car could be on the Danube Highway but I am looking at the next two vessels just incase I don't make it onto the first... So its either the 2nd or the 8th Sept as long as there are no changes to the shipping schedule... We will wait and see.. its not far away now!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Your SA can tell you what vessel it’s loaded onto via the PVMS then you can track it on vessel finder. You can make an assumption on which vessel it will come on based on the shipping schedules and vessel destinations on Vessel Finder. A bit tedious but it can be done.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
TYD displayed the vessel name that carried our BGTS to the new world and I tracked her from that point to delivery...approximately 2 weeks.

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Hi Everyone! I quite like the guessing at which vessel it will be on. I never knew it was so entertaining watching vessel icons on a screen LOL.... I know the rough date so that's good enough for me. My OPC will let me know when it lands on UK soil, so I will then know if my prediction of which vessel was correct :) I think I am now watching the wrong vessel.... I think I will be on the Malacca Highway due to timings and they also need to then be heading to Sheerness and my car also needs to make it aboard LOL

I also work for a vehicle manufacturer (Not Porsche) so I know what they are going through in these difficult times, so I am just leaving them alone to get on with it instead of chasing and asking for updates, call backs or replies every week, when a large majority of the time there is nothing new to update me on. The car will get here when it gets here and they can not influence getting the car here any quicker so there is no point chasing.
I am personally glad we don't have TYD. I think its a very cool little tool and well done to Porsche for giving so much info on your particular build... but I feel it would make people even more impatient when they don't get updates or timeline movements when they think they are expecting one.... that leads to even more chasing the SA for no real reason or when it just stops working....
Anyway its a little bit different for me I suspect, as I work in this industry so maybe the excitement factor for the buildup isn't there as I have all this to deal with on a daily basis....
It will be awesome when it finally arrives and all the waiting will make the collection day even more special I feel!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Another little update. My 718B GTS is still in Germany. I now know that it's been waiting for a part for Bose which I can only assume is the ECU. There are whispers that this will be sorted this week which also ties in with two vessels waiting at Emden and heading to Sheerness, which is most unusual. Over the past few months there has been one vessel leaving a week and on occasions one every two weeks, so to have two waiting and heading to Sheerness 2 days apart from each other is sparking a little interest from me LOL.... I am not going to chase and find out though as I will know soon enough if it has departed!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Mallaca Highway and Patara are sitting and waiting.... If I was guessing! I think Patara has been brought in to clear the back log of vehicles as it is a much larger vessel and a different Shipping Company than is usual for car deliveries from Emden to Sheerness. If you compare the weights if the vessels Patara is nearly three times the weight...

Fingers crossed; it has to arrive soon!

World Map Light Product Blue

Photograph World Ecoregion Map Blue

·
Registered
936 Posts
Another little update. My 718B GTS is still in Germany. I now know that it's been waiting for a part for Bose which I can only assume is the ECU. There are whispers that this will be sorted this week which also ties in with two vessels waiting at Emden and heading to Sheerness, which is most unusual. Over the past few months there has been one vessel leaving a week and on occasions one every two weeks, so to have two waiting and heading to Sheerness 2 days apart from each other is sparking a little interest from me LOL.... I am not going to chase and find out though as I will know soon enough if it has departed!
Its the amplifier module for BOSE audio - you have a non-op radio (and presumably the back up camera system)

in the US, cars are getting shipping w/o the module and dealer holds the vehicle until the part is shipped. They install it and can deliver to buyer

I was at my dealer in August and that very circumstance was going on with a CGT4 - my salesman was doing the final prep to deliver it that day, after the shop installed the Bose amp module

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
A little more information on my BGTS, it should all going well and as long as it made it onto the Danube Highway be at Sheerness now. I have been told the delivery date to my OPC is the 14th October. I will find out more next weekend as they should by then know if it is actually on UK soil! Should finally be making some progress!!

Ecoregion Map Land lot Urban design Line

Ecoregion World Map Line Atlas

81 - 99 of 99 Posts