Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
388 Posts
Common complaint. Apparently (I haven't got the tools to try it yet), if you change the light controller config to say that you have white gauge faces the gauge backlighting is on even with the headlights off. I've seen it said that the needle is still not illuminated though, so perhaps there is another code change hidden in there for that.

By the way, nice looking Cayman. But I may be biased...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
388 Posts
OK wait...so you have attempted to turn up the brightness with the little knob on the speedometer, right? It's the knob you press to reset the trip counter. It also has the ability to slightly twist right or left to turn up or down the dash brightness.

I'd say do it in a darkened garage so you can see the change.
The dimmer does nothing when the lights are off because the gauge backlighting is not active, which is the complaint here. Daylight with no headlights, the gauges can be difficult to see.

I guess I'm going to need to buck up and buy a Launch X431 and see about dealing with this (and several other things). At least the X431 (unlike a PIWIS) will talk to my Audi as well. Which is good, as the cheap Android tablet that I used with OBDeleven on the Audi has died, and I'm never going to buy another Android device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts