Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My deadline for ordering my first ever porsche is coming up.
Can’t decide what finish for the wheels
It’s either black satin or platinum satin for me
What finish goes better with gentian blue in your opinion
Thx

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you get ceramic brakes, go bright. If you have normal brakes, go dark - much better to camouflage brake dust.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
52 Posts
satin black if you want sport, platinum if you want more luxury look.

·
Registered
616 Posts
What wheel design have you chosen? Personally I wouldn't choose either and would instead go for the standard finish. Looks great with a darker blue and is both timeless and sporty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What wheel design have you chosen? Personally I wouldn't choose either and would instead go for the standard finish. Looks great with a darker blue and is both timeless and sporty.
The standard is great with the gentian because of the high contrast but i have those on my present audi tt and looking for something new

·
Registered
515 Posts
IMHO the Carrera Sport Wheel option, painted in matching Gentian Blue would be the bomb 🤔

Reactions: chester7

·
Registered
394 Posts
Before I saw the pictures posted above, I would have said satin platinum, but the black wheels produce a much sportier look. So it all depends on the look you're after: luxury (platinum) or black(sporty).

I'll offer an in between that I have loved on my cars: anthracite. I have it on my red Audi S5 and had it on a silver 2001 MR2. Both are elegant and sporty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx guys for your help and opinions
It looks like its gonna be the black satin wheels
Will definitely post my final spec when ordered

·
Registered
4 Posts
My deadline for ordering my first ever porsche is coming up.
Can’t decide what finish for the wheels
It’s either black satin or platinum satin for me
What finish goes better with gentian blue in your opinion
Thx
Two things about the platinum satin (which I have on my 2017 CS)... one good and maybe one not so good. They hide the brake dust pretty well but they are satin in finish and have a roughness/dullness to them (probably too strong a word but they aren't like normal wheels or paint)... they are literally satin as opposed to gloss. In any case, I would vote for them over black if those are the only two choices. However, I've seen a Gentian Blue GT4 with the stock silver wheels and they look fantastic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts