Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My deadline for ordering my first ever porsche is coming up.
Can’t decide what finish for the wheels
It’s either black satin or platinum satin for me
What finish goes better with gentian blue in your opinion
Thx
Personally, I think the satin black looks so good against the Gentian Blue. Can’t go wrong with either really but the black plays so well against the darker blue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My deadline for ordering my first ever porsche is coming up.
Can’t decide what finish for the wheels
It’s either black satin or platinum satin for me
What finish goes better with gentian blue in your opinion
Thx
I think brighter and lighter is the way to go with a darker colored paint for the car. Either way, congratulations on the purchase. Look forward to seeing some posts.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Platinum or Silver.

If you're worried about brake dust, get Hawk ceramic street pads. Silver wheels are no problem with them. I have platinum. Stock pad's dust still shows...so I got the Hawks and really like them for street.

..NOT FOR TRACK USE. They're not good for repeated hard stops. Otherwise, perfect pads.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think brighter and lighter is the way to go with a darker colored paint for the car. Either way, congratulations on the purchase. Look forward to seeing some posts.
Thx. Will post of course. The order will be msde next week and delivery in march 😩

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think both look excellent. The black looks a bit sportier and meaner. The platinum looks a bit more classy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
One thing for sure....
With flat black wheels, it doesn't matter which design you get. The wheels just disappear in the wheel wells!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
After months of learning and gathering info also from this forum and after more than a few deliberations on the spec, so happy to announce I ordered my first ever porsche!! Its a cayman T in white! Delivery march or latest may 😩.
Thx to all that helped me out during these past weeks/months. I can Imagine the need for info will continue after the delivery...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts