Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow 718 owners,

Been a lurker on these forums for a while now. Collected my 718S a 6 months back, and have put more than 6 k miles on it so far. Absolutely love the vehicle other than the random rattles and other little acoustic issues

I've recently started getting this irregular tick/click/tap noise coming from the rear drivers side, and its totally random, (usually after 3-5 mins of driving) sometimes when cold.
i'm trying to figure out if this is a normal sound

The noise does not seem rhythmic.

Any help or advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had the same thing, but it only happened once before my first oil change. Haven’t noticed it since. I actually shut the car off and restarted the engine when it made that noise and it went away. How many miles do you have?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I heard a similar ticking noise emanating from my BS today. Only it was more regular and quite rapid (several Hertz). Interestingly it continued even after engine shutoff.

In general, I've found my car to make several somewhat baffling noises. In fact, I heard today's ticking noise after trying to isolate an annoying metallic buzz I hear right around 2950-3050 rpm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My conclusion is that the intermittent ticking noise is normal. I talked to my service advisor about it as well. In my car (2018 S) it goes away once warmed up. Strange thing is that the ticking didn’t occur until i broke 10k miles!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.