Porsche 718 Forum banner

718 Cayman Service Manuals

15K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  backyardMechanic 
#1 ·
Where can you purchase 718 Cayman factory service manuals, and how much do they cost?

Thanks.

#6 ·
Sure: for $700/month or $7k a year (all Porsche OEM manuals) ...

NASTF is a professional organization; 'Joe Schmo' is highly discouraged to apply. IIRC, one must (eventually) supply proof of employment in the professional automotive service industry to gain access -- otherwise, it's technically fraud.
@Michael1 : Service manuals for modern cars are protected by manufacturers for several reasons that range from owners messing up cars under warranty to security and trade-secret risk. Some manufacturers are more stingy than others. Porsche is one of the very stingiest. :(

#9 ·
Thread resurrection! I've been looking for a Service Manual, too for the 718 Cayman...with no luck. But I did find the 981 service manual in PDF format. I know it's not directly related, but if you want some idea of torque values, this may be helpful.

(I hope the owner of the Google drive doesn't mind me reposting his link...if so, moderators please feel free to remove the link)

#13 ·
I'm looking for one as well as I have a 2018 718 Cayman S. Read through the entire thread and signed up for an account with NASTF. Then I found out that Porsche offers 1 hour ($17), 1 Day ($54), etc., temporary use to shop manual but when I tried to purchase I found out that you have to jump through all kinds of Porsche hoops to prove you have all the needed certifications to even use. I have been a Porsche fan and owned several over the past 20+ years, but this experience trying to get a 718 shop manual is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Most people can't afford a new Porsche, like myself, but are great as a DIY-ers and Porsche is not making this possible. I will rethink any more Porsche purchases. Please let me know if you have have found any other options to obtain a 718 shop Manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.