Porsche 718 Forum banner

718 Cayman trunk dimensions?

26K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Rjzey 
#1 ·
Hi, If anyone has a chance, could they measure the trunk and frunk dimensions for me? Everywhere i've looked its just in litres or cubic feet instead of actual measurements.
I'm trying to work out if there is any possibility of fitting this bag https://www.dakine.com/en-ca/bags/travel-bags/luggage/split-roller-110l-bag/ (even if mostly empty) in the car.
Dimensions given for the bag are 32 x 17 x 13" [ 81 x 43 x 33cm ] but it is squishy with a solid metal frame/handle down the back.

Picking the car up from the dealer on the way back from work trip where I'll need ski gear. Worst case scenario is i empty the bag completely into the trunks and put the bag in the passenger seat i guess?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I measured for luggage a few months ago, but my exact measurements are at home ... That said, you're out of luck, I'm afraid: 32" is a no-go in the front and only barely do-able in the back, where you've only got about 12" of vertical clearance with 14" of fore-aft clearance. Your bag will be too big by 2-3" on all three sides.

#4 ·
OK so its 10 degrees in my garage but I wanted to find out for myself as well. My Frunk is 28L x 17W x 18D(in the front). This is on a Blue Graphite car which we know has a larger that normal 718 frunk (not really). I hope those dimensions help. I would probably get yourself different soft sided luggage or be truly frivolous and pack it in a duffel bag in the suitcase. Chuck the suitcase when you get there. I save my passenger seat for Network gear and large bulky security equipment when I take them to Customer sites. oh and the jumbo pack of toilet paper from Costco.

ssmv650

Reactions: ejdd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.