Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I think maybe it is worth shopping around a bit for the Lightweights.

305/30- 20 would fit ok on 11" but I believe 11.5" rim is ideal.

If you do a search on here David Lemmens has 8,5 J x 20 ET49 + 11,5 J x 20 ET56 991 Carrera S IV wheels with 255/305 tire sizes on standard suspension set up.

According to Wheel Offset Calculator | 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store

20 x 8.5 et 47 would give you + 16mm on the standard Carrerra S wheel so you will be getting close to the limit, Seb Vittell (Manthey Racing GTS) runs + 17mm with no issues but has more camber.

20 x 11 et 45 would give you + 13mm on the standard Carrerra S wheel which would be fine. Seb Vittell runs ET40 so extra 18mm with spacers.
^^^thank you for your insight and knowledge.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey Don, just an FYI. Ohlin Road and Track does make a specific kit for the 718. I just finished installing it. The parts # are the same as the 981, but they have different ride height specs for the 718 and it is called out specifically in the instructions. I will be posting a review when I have time but suffice it to say, they transformed the car and I have only driven spirited back roads to this point. At least for me, the change was almost profound in how much more comfortable I was driving in a spirited manner. I just knew the car would go where I placed it and just felt significantly more confident. Add to that, while the car did feel maybe 20% firmer, it felt WAY smoother... as though riding on a small cushion of air. They eliminated almost all the high frequency jostling.
How difficult was the installation? I swapped out springs before on several cars but getting older and all energy spent on kids, lost pretty much all motivation to do extensive work on cars. But if it's rally easy compared to other cars, I may give it a shot.

This is of course if I decide to keep the car.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts