Registered
2018 718 CS
180 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
@GTS18BGTS I'm not very experienced with Android, and I don't recall seeing that either. But it looks to be a standard app security warning. You should click the Settings link, it should take you to the place to allow the update to happen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd assume this is possible, but just to confirm...this X431 can be used for coding in a battery replacement (AGM), correct?

·
Registered
2018 Cayman S
241 Posts
Has anyone tried, successfully, changing the reverse camera off speed? It is set to 35KPH (22MPH) and I am trying to get it set to 10KPH. Everything I try gives me a "Write Code Failed".
I tried Brush Hidden/Modified and Rule Coding without success.

·
Registered
2018 718 CS
180 Posts
Has anyone tried, successfully, changing the reverse camera off speed? It is set to 35KPH (22MPH) and I am trying to get it set to 10KPH. Everything I try gives me a "Write Code Failed".
There is some coding that you won’t be able to do. This may be one of them. Maybe with PIWIS.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I thought I read the reverse camera turned off at 10mph.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Can you post a picture of the parameter you are trying to change? 35 kph seems really high to me, mine is no where near that, probably 10-15 kph.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I received my new Launch X-431 Pro v.4 yesterday, and have spent a fair amount of time with it and the Cayman today.

I'm pretty pleased with the X-431 so far. Works great as a code reader (it knows I had pulled the fuse from the sound generator), and should do all the maintenance resets and other normal DIY stuff easily.

And the coding function appears to be fairly complete and robust. Here's the list of what I've done so far:
I've failed (so far) on a couple things, which means I either haven't found the true spot to change, or haven't found some other required spot (some changes need to be made in multiple locations).
  • Change Auto headlight sensitivity
  • Enable spoiler indicator light
*Have done this 2 ways, one with the white gauge face hack (that doesn't illuminate the needles), and one by adding the tail and parking lights to the DRLs, which illuminates the gauges and needles.

Still to come:
  • Enable NAV display in MFI (need LVDS cable)
Other things I'm thinking of that I'm not yet sure if they can be done:
  • Auto parking brake engage
  • Re-map tail light function to EU/RoW config
  • Enable PDK Coasting mode while A-S/S is off
Something I noticed to research further - There are some spoiler params that appear to indicate possible visual spoiler notification, either in MFI or console button light. First attempt did nothing, but I'm going to give that some more research later.

Anyway, so far, so good. Even if I don't get any of the other stuff to work, what I've done so far is great.
Someone posts something like “I received my new Launch X-431 Pro v.4” and I just think they’re an idiot who never learned how to write. If you’re going to post such a thing, explain what you’re talking about. The point of writing is to communicate and if you fail to do so you’re missing the point. BTW, I have a Launch X-431 Pro v.4. It’s a sex robot. I highly recommend the battery upgrade as it can’t keep up without it.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Someone posts something like “I received my new Launch X-431 Pro v.4” and I just think they’re an idiot who never learned how to write.
Thanks for weighing in, and sorry if my lack of condescending description offended you.

·
Registered
2018 718 CS
180 Posts
Someone posts something like “I received my new Launch X-431 Pro v.4” and I just think they’re an idiot who never learned how to write. If you’re going to post such a thing, explain what you’re talking about. The point of writing is to communicate and if you fail to do so you’re missing the point. BTW, I have a Launch X-431 Pro v.4. It’s a sex robot. I highly recommend the battery upgrade as it can’t keep up without it.
I’m not sure what you meant by this, and maybe I’m misunderstanding it, but way out of line.

These type of threads help the community, and @Arne is going out of his way to do just that. He doesn’t have to do this…

Since you also have an X431, maybe you should stop criticizing and start contributing as well… your contributions will be more than welcome…😉

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
For a poster condemning another for writing what they believe is an incoherent post, you've managed to write the most incoherent and useless post I've had the misfortune of reading here in these forums. Nice work!

·
Registered
2018 Cayman S
241 Posts
Can you post a picture of the parameter you are trying to change? 35 kph seems really high to me, mine is no where near that, probably 10-15 kph.
I am not sure what speed mine actually turns off at but it is way too fast. In any event, whatever this parameter does, I can't change it. I will look thru the PCM item list and see if there is something there to turn the reverse camera display off.
Gadget Rectangle Computer Font Display device

Personal computer Computer Output device Flat panel display Gadget

·
Registered
59 Posts
It'd be interesting to see if one could program one of the following:
1. allow the garage door opener buttons (on roof) to function without key/power-on.
2. allow a button sequence on the fob to activate one of the garage door opening buttons (allowing opening of garage door while you walk up to car).

This is the only car I've ever had where I have to put the key in and key-on to be able to use the garage door opener buttons.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
It'd be interesting to see if one could program one of the following:
1. allow the garage door opener buttons (on roof) to function without key/power-on.
2. allow a button sequence on the fob to activate one of the garage door opening buttons (allowing opening of garage door while you walk up to car).

This is the only car I've ever had where I have to put the key in and key-on to be able to use the garage door opener buttons.
Yeah, I agree and I plan to look into this. But I think it's likely that this issue might not be addressable by coding. It may simply be that the HomeLink system is hardwired to switched power.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman S
241 Posts
It may simply be that the HomeLink system is hardwired to switched power.
I am sure that is the case. It would probably be easier to wire the Homelink to unswitched power which should be available at the overhead lights.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I am not sure what speed mine actually turns off at but it is way too fast. In any event, whatever this parameter does, I can't change it. I will look thru the PCM item list and see if there is something there to turn the reverse camera display off.
View attachment 46825
View attachment 46826
I am not sure, but the Init Value may be the initial value of the speed that's needed to be obtained to turn it off after being activated. The first line of code may be the state it's always in until put into reverse. I'll check my car when I get the chance to see what parameters are in those fields then I'll also see what speed is needed to be obtained to turn it off. I'll also verify what I said earlier about pushing any of the buttons on the PCM to defeat the camera on state.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Yeah, I agree and I plan to look into this. But I think it's likely that this issue might not be addressable by coding. It may simply be that the HomeLink system is hardwired to switched power.
@ajcarson11 - Can't be changed by code. The HomeLink system has its own switched power circuit with a dedicated 5 amp fuse. No coding change can move it to a different circuit, wiring mods will be needed.

Side note, I was going to pull the overhead console trim off to see how feasible it might be to tap into the interior lighting power instead, but I was unable to get the panel to come loose. I could unclip it across the front edge near the windshield, but not along the sides or rear edge. It probably just pops off, but I hit that common fear of breaking the part and so I stopped.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts