Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone experience rattling noise from rear left of the car from the drivers seat? Also I hear squeaky noise when cold start but it goes away after about 1 min.

Any recommendations to fix this problem? I do have after market Catback exaust made by agency power I think that might be the problem?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Mine was where the roll hoop connects at the top. Placed my hand on top, squeezed the seam, and the noise stopped. Dealer fixed under warranty with some felt inserted into the seam.

Reactions: KiloTango

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone experience rattling noise from rear left of the car from the drivers seat? Also I hear squeaky noise when cold start but it goes away after about 1 min.

Any recommendations to fix this problem? I do have after market Catback exaust made by agency power I think that might be the problem?
Regarding your first quesion, I also heard on two occasions after my 150 mile maiden voyage, a rattling noise.

Both times the rattling noise happened after a dead stop and ended within 40 or 50 feet. The first time it happened, it sounded like I ran over a few metal clothes hangars or some wire that got caught up in the undercarriage of the car. I was certain I ran over something, so I went back to where it happened and there was nothing in the roadway or under the car. The second time it happened, it confirmed I ran over nothing.

I've contacted the service department to see if those symptoms describe a problem they're aware of.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This drives me nuts.
It rattles consistently for about 15 min or so, especially so on bumpy roads, and it is directly behind the driver’s ear on the left side.

there’s some kind of storage bin there which I tried opening and closing and that’s not it, and it sounds like it’s coming from the driver’s seat belt area… but very difficult to drive and check where it’s happening at the same time.

nothing is evidently loose, but yea… I’m afflicted as well!

😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
This drives me nuts.
It rattles consistently for about 15 min or so, especially so on bumpy roads, and it is directly behind the driver’s ear on the left side.

there’s some kind of storage bin there which I tried opening and closing and that’s not it, and it sounds like it’s coming from the driver’s seat belt area… but very difficult to drive and check where it’s happening at the same time.

nothing is evidently loose, but yea… I’m afflicted as well!

😂
** 718 Cayman Rattle & Squeak GUIDE ** | Porsche 718 Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts