Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video I posted in the how to section documenting access to the top of the engine bay, what a pain! Fortunately servicing is not completed through this panel, it's applicable to both the 981 and 718 and worth a watch only if to help you to decide never to do this! Please consider subscribing to help us grow if you haven't already.
:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Does anybody have a definitive list of typical maintenance or service actions that MUST be performed using access from above or through the metal firewall plate behind the seats (vs. accessing from below with car on a lift)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Does anybody have a definitive list of typical maintenance or service actions that MUST be performed using access from above or through the metal firewall plate behind the seats (vs. accessing from below with car on a lift)?
On the 981 it's very rare that you need to go in this way, generally for a repair or modification rather than maintenance. I was in there because one of my PSE changeover valves was playing up. The air filters are accessed from the rear luggage area, the belts accessed from the panel behind the seats and plugs in through the wheel well. Oil and filter from underneath, I would expect the 718 to be similar to be honest.

·
Registered
247 Posts
@testdrive the 982 air filters are accessed from the top not from the trunk as in the 981

Reactions: testdrive

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very annoying, doesn't sound like progress to me, have they made the interval even longer then?

·
Registered
247 Posts
@testdrive I don't know what the interval is but myself and several others have found the filter plugged full of leaves after just 10k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts