Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll add a question to this thread: Can anyone that got lowering springs (either techart or H&R) but that has no PASM comment on the feel of the ride before and after lowering springs? My reservation with getting the springs, and not having PASM, is that it will make the ride too harsh (for a DD at least)....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Same question. From research it looks like H&R springs lower more than TechArt and are harsher. This is for the sport springs not the VTF OP is speaking of.

Rippey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bent wheels

Has anyone had any issue w/H&R VTF lowering springs? I installed them ~3m ago [I have owned the car w/stock 20" wheels since Aug 2016, 21 months ago], and have had 2 bent wheels [rt side] on one occasion, and this week another bent rear wheel. I have a warranty on them, so the first two were replaced... not sure if they will do another so soon?

Thoughts? I live in the Pacific NW, mostly desert, and the roads are superb.

Moderator Ed. (Please see this thread about the same issue in the Wheels & Tires forum). Duplicate answers will be merged in that thread. Thank you.

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Has anyone had any issue w/H&R VTF lowering springs? I installed them ~3m ago [I have owned the car w/stock 20" wheels since Aug 2016, 21 months ago], and have had 2 bent wheels [rt side] on one occasion, and this week another bent rear wheel. I have a warranty on them, so the first two were replaced... not sure if they will do another so soon?

Thoughts? I live in the Pacific NW, mostly desert, and the roads are superb.

Moderator Ed. (Please see this thread about the same issue in the Wheels & Tires forum). Duplicate answers will be merged in that thread. Thank you.
We haven't used these springs and I'm not familiar with the rates. How much did you lower your car? If you went for the lower end of what they say they can do you might be smacking the bump stops pretty hard. This makes the effective wheel rate go WAY up and could lead to a bent rim.

What tires are you running?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thnx for the feedback. It was lowered quite a bit, more than I actually wanted [~1.25"]. I'm running 285/30/20 s on the back, and the stock 245/35/20 is on the front. I'm actually going to switch back to original Factory Springs this week. I don't want any more issues.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the regular hr sport springs, and they ride pretty good. Haven’t had any wheel issues, but I have oz leggeras 20s, which I’ve read are pretty strong. But the roads in the North East are very bad. It doesn’t help that we pay insane taxes and by the look of our infrastructure you wouldn’t know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts