But soon I will go for a change. Options are as follows :

No.1

No.2

No.3

Please help me to choose 🙂

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
I actually prefer the original picture above. To my eyes the side scoop is an excellent style element besides being functional. When it is body-colored it disappears. The missing slats in the front grill openings in pics 2 and 3 seem like, um, something is missing. But if you must go with white accents it should be both side scoops and grill opening. Overall the white car screams for black accents. The black tires and door mirror struts and the darker-than-the-body headlight openings and windshield will always be there but they need the support of the other black items. And accentuating them with more black makes the white body pop more.

But what do I know?

Reactions: Graustark
#5 ·
My thoughts on the side intakes and why I like them painted:
The black side intakes to me just strike me as a monolithic blob against an otherwise pristine side of beautiful finish. With the intakes painted, you still have black but it's the functional darkness of the intakes that create the darkness. To me that is very aesthetically pleasing. With that said, the darker colors don't need the intakes painted just because of the lower contrast between the two regions.
BTW, if a car has the black intakes I think it also needs the door handles painted black also. That to me helps eliminate the "blobbiness" of the intakes by creating a sort of sweep along the door to the intakes - a continuity of effect. Note that I've never seen this combo in person and don't know if the Porsche door handle color matches the intake color.

FWIW

#15 · (Edited)
As much as I'm a huge fan of the side intakes and front and rear fascia painted in body color, I would leave them black on this one. I find that black side-intakes on guards red, for example, draw attention to themselves and disrupt the sideview of the car. Painting the side-intakes fixes that for me for most colors, but ironically on white I see the painted slats doing the opposite. The black seems to blend in and it's the white slats that interfere. Go figure! My choice is either pic 1 or pic 3.

#31 ·
As much as I'm a huge fan of the side intakes and front and rear fascia painted in body color, I would leave them black on this one. I find that black side-intakes on guards red, for example, draw attention to themselves and disrupt the sideview of the car. Painting the side-intakes fixes that for me for most colors, but ironically on white I see the painted slats doing the opposite. The black seems to blend in and it's the white slats that interfere...
I've come to agree with this. I initially and for almost a year waiting for an allocation resisted the idea of painted side scoops. But as I've recently come to settle on GR as my top exterior color choice, I think that the painted intakes look adds a lot to the overall appearance. I also agree that white needs the black accents to accentuate its sportiness. White does best when it's broken up with a contrasting color accents, especially black ones. That's why I like the look of white Boxsters or Spyders much more than a Cayman. With or without the top down, you get a nice contrast -- from either the interior or the top.

#16 ·
I like option 3 personally. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.