Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some more sound out of my exhaust for my CS 718 without PSE. I have heard people say that the down pipe has the biggest impact on sound but not sure I buy that. What are your thoughts?

My thinking all of this time has been Soul Performance Exhaust but would consider the down pipe as an alternative. At this point I don't want to buy both that is why I am asking which would have the biggest impact.

Thanks...

297 Posts
Thank you for considering us!

Changing the downpipe will offer greater gains in turbo sound and volume without adding much rumble, whereas upgrading the rear exhaust will increase volume more and add more rumbling and crackles with little increase in turbo sound.

As you don't have PSE, you could do the Sport Cat Downpipe and enjoy a refined increase in sound with no drone. You'd also enjoy the increased response in driving character from upgrading to a high flow catalytic converter.

Our Valved Exhaust would basically sound like PSE with a tad more grunt at full bore with valves open - we designed it basically to be for owners who didn't select PSE - but then Porsche made PSE standard :ROFLMAO:

Our Performance Exhaust would yield more overall volume inside and outside of the cabin but you would get some slight droning, more so with PDK. This would be the most aggressive choice for you in terms of exhaust sound. You would not get as much turbo sound as you would with a downpipe. You would also not really notice an increase in response like you would with the downpipe.

You can also add more turbo / intake sound with a BMC air filter. Most cars you wouldn't notice the change but on the 718 you will.

I'm also happy to give you some credit back if you're able to provide some good video clips that I can assemble into a video to give the forum / worldwide audience a good idea of the changes your upgrade made.

If you have any questions I'm always happy to chat to make sure you get exactly what you're looking for.

-Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in the market for some more sound out of my exhaust for my CS 718 without PSE. I have heard people say that the down pipe has the biggest impact on sound but not sure I buy that. What are your thoughts?

My thinking all of this time has been Soul Performance Exhaust but would consider the down pipe as an alternative. At this point I don't want to buy both that is why I am asking which would have the biggest impact.

Thanks...
I recently purchase and installed the cast T304L stainless steel X-pipe and I’m not please that there is less crackling and turbulence from the Soul exhaust tips. I prefer the sound of the factory exhaust tips much better. There is a reason for the exhaust gasses to crash into each other when coming out of the muffler before exiting the tips. It’s not for cost savings but to give you enhance crackling sound when the gasses are crashing into each other. The factory exhaust tip section allows for exhaust gasses to crash into each other when coming out of the muffler before exiting the tips and that creates turbulence. Porsche has the right idea.

·
Vendor
285 Posts
I'm not sure how to take that... :D

We install and dyno test a lot of Soul products. We can sell whatever exhaust we want, we choose Soul for their quality, performance and service.

Do you have a Soul? :devilish: 🤣

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Soul for sure...I did their downpipe - now have a great agressive sound to my base Boxster and when I put it in SPORT mode it seems to come alive with a nice roar and added down shifting crackle - absolutely love SOUL Performance - so much better than the other brand.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Soul for sure...I did their downpipe - now have a great agressive sound to my base Boxster and when I put it in SPORT mode it seems to come alive with a nice roar and added down shifting crackle - absolutely love SOUL Performance - so much better than the other brand.
but you still have the stock exhaust system correct? PSE or base?

297 Posts
Glad you're happy! Thank you for the support. Can I incentivize you to get some video clips for us all?

-Mike

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts