Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Has anyone found good slotted rotors for the 718 S yet? I've seen some from Sebro, but only rears. It's hard to swallow $1200 sets from Girodisc.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone found good slotted rotors for the 718 S yet? I've seen some from Sebro, but only rears. It's hard to swallow $1200 sets from Girodisc.
I have been using the Sebro slotted rotors with PFC08 pads and RE71R tires on my Cayman S with no issues. With FCP Euro you have the lifetime replacement so even if you're chewing through these pretty quickly if you do the swaps yourself it's economical. What I've found when searching for parts is rather than filtering by your car you need to actually search the OE part numbers and you'll get more results as some parts only show up as 911 parts but have multiple matching OE numbers (in the case of our front brakes they are the same as Carrera). Here are the Sebro slotted rotors at FCP Euro with confirmed fitment on my Cayman S:

Rear rotors: Porsche Brake Disc Set - Sebro 909328C
Front Left: Porsche Brake Disc - Sebro 909331
Front Right: Porsche Brake Disc - Sebro 909330C

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been using the Sebro slotted rotors with PFC08 pads and RE71R tires on my Cayman S with no issues. With FCP Euro you have the lifetime replacement so even if you're chewing through these pretty quickly if you do the swaps yourself it's economical. What I've found when searching for parts is rather than filtering by your car you need to actually search the OE part numbers and you'll get more results as some parts only show up as 911 parts but have multiple matching OE numbers (in the case of our front brakes they are the same as Carrera). Here are the Sebro slotted rotors at FCP Euro with confirmed fitment on my Cayman S:

Rear rotors: Porsche Brake Disc Set - Sebro 909328C
Front Left: Porsche Brake Disc - Sebro 909331
Front Right: Porsche Brake Disc - Sebro 909330C
Thank you!!! That is very helpful. Have you been using these on-track?

·
Registered
344 Posts
What does the life time replacement mean? They keep giving you rotors for free forever?
correct; but if I recall correctly you pay shipping and handling to return and for the replacements.
Someone please correct me if my memory has failed me.. :censored:

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's a great deal! How do they make money by giving away free rotors?
Only a small % of people take advantage of the deal vs. the marketing benefits of such a policy. They could spent it on adwords or free rotors, arguably the latter has better ROI. Plus I (and others I know) end up buying other stuff from them instead of other online stores that won't need to be replaced, out of goodwill. So I suspect the overall cost of pads and rotors more than pays for itself in customer acquisition and lifetime value.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts