Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I’ve posted multiple times on the forum the past weeks. I’m on the hunt for a new car. So far I’ve narrowed it down to
A) a local 2019 718 S with all the bells and whistles. It has approximately 11,000 miles. Not certified, $66,990.

B) non local white 2014 911 Carrera with the beige interior (that I love). Certified, but high miles (42,000). I’d have to pay for shipping ($1650), but got the price down to $62.5k

C) non local agate grey 2014 911 Carrera with beige interior. Not certified, but lower miles (28,500). I think I could get them down from $66.5k to $63k. Would try to work in CPO with the deal if I take full ask. I could drive the 9 hours to pick it up.

All cars are manual. I’ve never driven an MT 911 but my last 718 Cayman was an MT. There is only one dealership here and it does not have an MT 2014 911 for me to test drive.

Thoughts?! I’m having a tough time deciding.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would be looking at the local 718 with low miles but the again I would not be cross shopping to the 911 either. IMHO these are two completely different platforms for use and driving experiences. The prices are all close and dare I say close enough as not to be the deciding factor, however age and a possible warranty still on the 718 is.

I could have bought 911's at each change of rides, not my thing, much rather the mid-engine driving experience.

What about new?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would be looking at the local 718 with low miles but the again I would not be cross shopping to the 911 either. IMHO these are two completely different platforms for use and driving experiences. The prices are all close and dare I say close enough as not to be the deciding factor, however age and a possible warranty still on the 718 is.

I could have bought 911's at each change of rides, not my thing, much rather the mid-engine driving experience.

What about new?
Couldn't agree more with the cross-shopping comment. My advice would be to first decide 911 or 718. If the decision were to be a 911, I would not let mileage be the deciding factor. These cars are built to be driven!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My feelings with a 911, if you’re cross shopping it with a cayman in the first place then you need to go for a faster model 911. The base ones you’re looking at are slower in a straight line and slower on most tracks than a new 718 GTS. if I were to go 911 it would be for ultimate power with an S being the starting point.
Otherwise the only thing you getting with the 911 over the 718 is the ability to say, I have a 911.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts