Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their OEM black side vents with body colored ones from Bumper Plugs? The R/R looks pretty simple and the cost of $290 for the pair is significantly less that the $675 Porsche charges from the factory.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have a link to them? Have not seen any except black.

Rippey

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting and the price isn’t too bad. I’m not sure if I’d do it however. Kinda like the contrast with the car (I have a white car)

So you mail them yours and they will send you a colored one. Not bad.

Rippey

·
Registered
27 Posts
We asked about painted side vents as the plastic can look a bit basic. The sales guy warned against it as he reckoned it’s an area prone to stone chips. No idea if thats true but sounded plausible .

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is a personal preference. My 2012 white Boxster came with silver side vents and I painted them black. I thought that was a significant improvement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a "how to" for removing the side vents on a 718? I figure they are pulled out, outer edge first but would like to hear form someone who has done it prior to giving them a yank.
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm unable to post URL link since I've only a few posts. I followed the directions from planet-9.com forum (search on Removing 981 side intake vents) for my 718 and replaced with carbon fiber.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
When my Carbon Fiber replacement came, I just looked at where the clips are located and I just followed it...Took me about 5 minutes per side.
Shame that you didn't do a DIY for the forum. This is one procedure that would benefit the forum, as well as:
- P O R S C H E rear-lip lettering removal
- Engine cover removal
- Air filter replacement (involves cover removal above)
- Soundaktor disconnection
- Door panel removal

Our forum's DIY section is painfully barren for a nearly two-year-old model, gang ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
:mad:

Shame that you didn't do a DIY for the forum. This is one procedure that would benefit the forum, as well as:
- P O R S C H E rear-lip lettering removal
- Engine cover removal
- Air filter replacement (involves cover removal above)
- Soundaktor disconnection
- Door panel removal

Our forum's DIY section is painfully barren for a nearly two-year-old model, gang ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts