Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017+ Porsche 718 General Discussion Forum
I have a Cayman S with 481 hp on mustang dyno on wheels,( on dyno jet its going to be 547hp on wheels) we are going to the dragway to test it on 1/4 mile. Any one know what is the best time record on 718 s in 1/4 mile, or gts?

·
Registered
247 Posts
2017+ Porsche 718 General Discussion Forum
I have a Cayman S with 481 hp on mustang dyno on wheels,( on dyno jet its going to be 547hp on wheels) we are going to the dragway to test it on 1/4 mile. Any one know what is the best time record on 718 s in 1/4 mile, or gts?
Details. What's mods? Pdk or manual? You should be high 10's with DR and pdk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we need some details on this build and share some videos of this event please. It would be cool to see.

We have APR FLASH, custom exhaust with Y pipe and fabspeed and akrapovic components, custom Downpipe with cat. Also air filter BMC, and 104 racing gas.

·
Super Moderator
1,823 Posts
I just have a hard time believing that an exhaust, intake filters and a tune are all that the OP's employed to get more than a 100-percent bump in horsepower ... especially knowing the issues with cooling in a car without a third front radiator installed, as all 'S'-level 718s are as OEM.

We need more details on your build, OP -- many more details. The above is a good start (and 104-octane gas explains a bit of it). Did you baseline your car before mods? Why does the graph say 'Boxster S' when your car's a Cayman? Those side scoops will increase cooling, too -- I'd have mentioned those ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are looking for 500 hp with some changes including a custom intercooler...now we are going to test it before the changes on the dragway tomorrow night ( our first time) to test the car on 1/4 mile.... we are surprised the power of the 2.5 engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just have a hard time believing that an exhaust, intake filters and a tune are all that the OP's employed to get more than a 100-percent bump in horsepower ... especially knowing the issues with cooling in a car without a third front radiator installed, as all 'S'-level 718s are as OEM.

We need more details on your build, OP -- many more details. The above is a good start (and 104-octane gas explains a bit of it). Did you baseline your car before mods? Why does the graph say 'Boxster S' when your car's a Cayman? Those side scoops will increase cooling, too -- I'd have mentioned those ...
Its a Cayman S....

What are you means about OP?
It have scoops customs also on the front have air vents for better cooling. We start with Apr stage 1 flash and the cat back & air filter with 443hp 93 pump gas...then we add stage 1 flash apr with down pipe ...and the custom Downpipe’s and the Y pipes ... and we add 104 sunoco race gas

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Is the third radiator important for doing the quarter mile?

As far as dyno measurements, I just read about the Mustang vs Dynojet readings, to me changing a manual input parameter you can get any HP reading you want... I guess they also get a computed quarter mile time which eventually will be compared to drag time

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as dyno measurements, I just read about the Mustang vs Dynojet readings, to me changing a manual input parameter you can get any HP reading you want... I guess they also get a computed quarter mile time which eventually will be compared to drag time
The GTS comes with 3 radiator??
As the dyno, if you compare with de jet, the hp its going to be more aprox 540 on wheels at the jet....
The mustang always reads less hp the de jet 14% less... because its more heavy to move...
We are lookin tomorrow to still on the 10.9 depend of the 60 feets... we are going to use mickey thompson slick with 20x 11” wheels

·
Registered
595 Posts
I believe the best time for stock GTS is 11.9 sec for 1/4 mile. I read APR stage 1 on stock tires is low 11s in the GTS.

I think you are going to need better/larger rear tires at least to break 11s. Would be nice to see what it can do on 93 gas for comparison purposes.

Anyway good luck with your run, your car is looking good! I assume you have PDK not manual?

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should do a dyno run at Predator's Mustang dyno, which as you should know is the standard by which racer in PR go by. Your 413hp will be closer to 375 flywheel hp. I studied APR numbers and based on a year of experience with the 718 F4 2.5 engine with COBBs and Heressmann in Puerto Rico hot and humid weather, APR stage 1 with 104 oct race fuel Hp is going to be around 437hp/400ft-lb tq flywheel (not WHP/Tq).

I guess I will know for sure when my tune is done and a dyno run at Predator is scheduled for next week. Mine is a GTS though with a bigger turbo than yours and my numbers with COBB, tune by Mitch at 93oct., fuel is not even close to your base line. Mine was 375HP at Predator.

Witch you the best. Just don't want you to believe in something and then being drag thru the mud by other cars and not knowing why your "550hp" car is being beaten by 500hp GT3. Just beware.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm doing, next week, the same APR stage 1 tune 104oct. you did. I also have high flow cat and filter. My expectation though are a lot lower. Based on my analysis of the APR published numbers and adjusting them for their stock 93 run this is what I expect:

APR stage 1 w/downpipe 104 oct.: 437hp/400tq
APR Stage 1 w /downpipe 100 oct: 429hp/383tq
APR Stage 1 w/downpipe: 93 oct: 420hp/368tq

I honestly hope your numbers are right, I will benefit me greatly, but I serioudly doub it. will be able to tell you for sure by the end of next week.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
@zagaone Those are valid points. What a dyno shows and what real world proves are usually different. Should have had a baseline run first so you can see the improvement vs. the current situation. It's setting OP up for disappointment. However; I hope he does meet his goal and proves to the world that that 2.5L engine is a corked up monster waiting to be unleashed.

@ewmaurosa Today is the day you hit the Track, please keep us posted on the results

1 - 20 of 94 Posts