Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Interested in results as I have the APR tune with BMC air filter, Fabspeed supercup turboback with 200cel cat

On 93 I was told I should be at a little over 400whp

·
Registered
68 Posts
Based on graphs for a 2019 718 GTS on this particular dyno. Baseline and after COBBS custom tune. Base on this, the hp/tq figures are as follow:

Stock hp/tq at flywheel 93oct gas: 365/317 or at wheels 311/285
COBBS 93oct. custom tune at flywheel: 399/354 or at wheels 340/318

The reason I'm trying the APR tune is because COBBS stop developing this platform after Mitch left so there is nothing beyond the 93oct. tune.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The file Cant open...

If you want you can go To Euro House in Ponce to instal the APR files

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have not installed the APR yet. Waiting for APR to enable my ECU code on their system. We might be able to compare the 93oct. custom COBB's tune to APR 104 oct. tune. Was not on my schedule for today but just in case from what time to what time is the event tonight?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmmmm.....must not have been a good outcome.
Does Puerto Rico use Metric or Standard time slips... LOL!

@ewmaurosa the time doesn't really matter, it's a journey in the pursuit of performance!

Sometimes you don't end up at the destination you were aiming/hoping for. So you regroup, adjust and try again (or in simpler terms... Rinse & Repeat).

I hope you did achieve your goal, but nobody would think less if otherwise. We all know there's variables in drag racing beyond how much power a car makes. I'm actually more interested in what your trap speeds were.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We used Mickey thompson yesterday “semi slick”.... and never stick on 1,2,3 shift...We did last night 11.9 1/4 mile @ 115 miles
Sorry, drag-racing has never been my thing. Can someone translate that for me? "Mickey thompson yesterday “semi slick”.... and never stick on 1,2,3 shift... "???

·
Registered
297 Posts
We used Mickey thompson yesterday “semi slick”.... and never stick on 1,2,3 shift...We did last night 11.9 1/4 mile @ 115 miles
that's not bad

See attached photo... I guessed at your vehicle weight and this shows you should be putting down close to 420WHP. This is just an estimate based on a calculator so don't hold it to being 100% accurate. Assuming the weight I used is with in reason?

Link to Calculator I used

Do you have a fully dressed (you and the car) weight?

HP figured on your ET.

On the flip side of this we calculate it the other direction and get a different number... I'd say the conflicting numbers indicate your need for traction!

HP on MPH

·
Registered
297 Posts
Now that I'm thinking of it... I can't say I've ever seen a Porsche warm up drag tires. I'm gonna have to search this.

Is the car capable of doing a standing burnout without the nannies kicking in?

If you can't heat those ET streets up, you'd be better off on the stock tires.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts