Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've gone [email protected] in my 2018 Cayman S with Fabspeed Supercup turbo back exhaust system, BMC air filter, and a JB4 tuner on map 3....on street tires.... According to my dragy, anyways, which are supposed to be quite accurate

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've gone [email protected] in my 2018 Cayman S with Fabspeed Supercup turbo back exhaust system, BMC air filter, and a JB4 tuner on map 3....on street tires.... According to my dragy, anyways, which are supposed to be quite accurate
I want to put the 3rd radiator kit in, the Suncoast vented under body panel, and switch to an APR tune and run it on 110 octane (unleaded, non - oxygenated) and do some more 1/4 mile runs... I'd like to see my car in the low 11's trapping 120+

·
Registered
247 Posts
PDK or manual? I would've expected at least mid 11's. Temperature and approx. Elevation?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I did 11.79 w/ exhaust, filter Apr Flash And 104 octane with cup 2 tires

·
Registered
16 Posts
PDK or manual? I would've expected at least mid 11's. Temperature and approx. Elevation?
6MT, roads were kinda wet so literally had zero traction in first, and some wheel spin going into 2nd...

DA was ~2200ft that day. Typically, DA will stay between negative 100 up to 3000 or so (obviously depending on temp, humidity, altitude), although my altitude is usually somewhere between 50 and 100feet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
PDK, I having problems with the tire spin because the cars is going on safe mode the traction and loose all the power when we use the launch control

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's not too bad. Would've expected higher trap though. How are you launching the car?

6MT, roads were kinda wet so literally had zero traction in first, and some wheel spin going into 2nd...

DA was ~2200ft that day. Typically, DA will stay between negative 100 up to 3000 or so (obviously depending on temp, humidity, altitude), although my altitude is usually somewhere between 50 and 100feet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's not too bad. Would've expected higher trap though. How are you launching the car?
Usually bring the RPM's up to ~3500-3800 or so, and 'gently' drop the clutch (feathering it as needed to try to ensure traction), and as soon as I know it's 100% "in-gear", I use throttle input feathering to control traction. I shift it flat-footed (as in, my foot never leaves 100% throttle.... quick clutch kick, yank into gear, and continue on).

I did manage to pull off an [email protected] yesterday with a DA of ~300 feet. Altitude at 49ft. Temperature around 50* F. Ironically, I wasn't winding it out to ~7200RPM before shifting, as on this run, I was shifting at ~6700-6800RPM... which I found quite interesting. Note: I was also on the JB4's map 4 for this run, which obviously makes more power.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Usually bring the RPM's up to ~3500-3800 or so, and 'gently' drop the clutch (feathering it as needed to try to ensure traction), and as soon as I know it's 100% "in-gear", I use throttle input feathering to control traction. I shift it flat-footed (as in, my foot never leaves 100% throttle.... quick clutch kick, yank into gear, and continue on).

I did manage to pull off an [email protected] yesterday with a DA of ~300 feet. Altitude at 49ft. Temperature around 50* F. Ironically, I wasn't winding it out to ~7200RPM before shifting, as on this run, I was shifting at ~6700-6800RPM... which I found quite interesting. Note: I was also on the JB4's map 4 for this run, which obviously makes more power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2017 Cayman S is the first car i've ever owned (i'm 52) that i don't feel inclined to try and add more power. It feels perfectly balanced to me like the power is perfect for the weight, balance and grip ... Though i guess, i can understand if you track your car wanting to get more HP out of it ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2017 Cayman S is the first car i've ever owned (i'm 52) that i don't feel inclined to try and add more power. It feels perfectly balanced to me like the power is perfect for the weight, balance and grip ... Though i guess, i can understand if you track your car wanting to get more HP out of it ...
Or if you're just an enthusiast.... That's what we do, mod cars ? Always on the hunt for more power, mostly "just because" (and its a ton of fun).... Everyone has their hobbies, and for some of us, modding and/or tuning cars is one of our hobbies!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think once the car starts to lose traction from a rolling start is when to stop. It becomes useless on the street/backroad. I think 400 whp is the sweet spot for 3K-3.5K lbs car.
I think that's when you're at a point to add more power! ?

Also, you don't have to drive the car at 100% throttle on the street/backroad.... Just use some throttle control!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also pulled a new personal best last night (53*F, 44ft. Altitude, DA of 170ft.).....refilled the car (the car was literally on E and said it had 22 miles left) with 2 gallons E85 and 8 gallons 93 octane and put the JB4 on map 4 and adjusted some of the 'User Adjustment' settings in the Jb4 to modify some wastegate and "open loop" fueling settings and bumped them up...

Ran an [email protected], with a 2.0 60-foot (which is terrible)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think once the car starts to lose traction from a rolling start is when to stop. It becomes useless on the street/backroad. I think 400 whp is the sweet spot for 3K-3.5K lbs car.
I’ve done a few frame off restorations and always kept things completely original...my preference.

I strongly believe vintage and classic vehicles should be kept as close to original as possible and upgrades well disguised and unobtrusive (e.g. drums to discs, 6 to 12 volt, bias plys to radials).

Thus, it comes as no surprise I’m not a huge fan of Restomods. Regardless, they have their place and I’ve seen many beautiful examples.

I occasionally loose traction accelerating from a rolling start...on the mountain bike. As a younger man, I could do it at will and frequently did so (on demand) at far higher speeds for steering, balance and handling purposes. Oh how I wish I still had that level of torque and horsepower.

My taste is mine and mine alone. While 400 hp may be your sweet spot and possibly mine, there are others with different needs, desires and/or greater talents who want and/or must have more...or less.

IMHO, we’re all unique and (within budget) should have as much horsepower and torque as desired and/or needed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Also pulled a new personal best last night (53*F, 44ft. Altitude, DA of 170ft.).....refilled the car (the car was literally on E and said it had 22 miles left) with 2 gallons E85 and 8 gallons 93 octane and put the JB4 on map 4 and adjusted some of the 'User Adjustment' settings in the Jb4 to modify some wastegate and "open loop" fueling settings and bumped them up...

Ran an [email protected], with a 2.0 60-foot (which is terrible)
That's a decent time a trap speed for you being 6MT. In comparison a manual Zl1 1LE runs 11.5 - 11.7 @ 123-124 mph.

Any 100-200 kph times?

Potentially 11.2 if it was PDK. Do you know how much power your pumping out?

61 - 80 of 94 Posts