Porsche 718 Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's a decent time a trap speed for you being 6MT. In comparison a manual Zl1 1LE runs 11.5 - 11.7 @ 123-124 mph.

Any 100-200 kph times?

Potentially 11.2 if it was PDK. Do you know how much power your pumping out?
It's the best time I've pulled so far.... and I've made at least another 5-10 pulls since then (what else is there to do right now considering the entire US is on "lockdown"? nothing, so i just go drive when i'm not working)...

I've been getting consistent high 118-mid 119mpg traps....and I got my 60 foot down to 1.8 (semi-consistent)....but I still can't beat that **** 11.66.... I've gotten close, I've hit 11.69, 11.78, 11.93.....but I have yet to see another 120mph trap.... but, it also warmed up a bit the past few weeks, and now we're seeing consistent 70* days....which likely is the biggest influencer....

Oh, and to answer your question, no, I haven't had the car dyno'd yet..... but having been in everything from 250whp to 900+whp cars, my butt dyno is telling me somewhere around 360-370rwhp and 370-380ft.lbs. given the car's weight and being a 6MT (though my shift times are literally less than 500ms, PDK's do, what, 15-20ms shifts?)....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where do you live?

It's the best time I've pulled so far.... and I've made at least another 5-10 pulls since then (what else is there to do right now considering the entire US is on "lockdown"? nothing, so i just go drive when i'm not working)...

I've been getting consistent high 118-mid 119mpg traps....and I got my 60 foot down to 1.8 (semi-consistent)....but I still can't beat that **** 11.66.... I've gotten close, I've hit 11.69, 11.78, 11.93.....but I have yet to see another 120mph trap.... but, it also warmed up a bit the past few weeks, and now we're seeing consistent 70* days....which likely is the biggest influencer....

Oh, and to answer your question, no, I haven't had the car dyno'd yet..... but having been in everything from 250whp to 900+whp cars, my butt dyno is telling me somewhere around 360-370rwhp and 370-380ft.lbs. given the car's weight and being a 6MT (though my shift times are literally less than 500ms, PDK's do, what, 15-20ms shifts?)....

·
Registered
247 Posts
When you flat foot shift do you notice the needle banging against the rev limiter? Or do you shift quick enough where it does hit the limiter, fuel cuts, but doesn't bounce because you've shifted already? Would be awesome seeing a video because someone on rennlist swears that the GTS has a no lift shift feature but I tested this to be not true, at least on my GTS.

Usually bring the RPM's up to ~3500-3800 or so, and 'gently' drop the clutch (feathering it as needed to try to ensure traction), and as soon as I know it's 100% "in-gear", I use throttle input feathering to control traction. I shift it flat-footed (as in, my foot never leaves 100% throttle.... quick clutch kick, yank into gear, and continue on).

I did manage to pull off an [email protected] yesterday with a DA of ~300 feet. Altitude at 49ft. Temperature around 50* F. Ironically, I wasn't winding it out to ~7200RPM before shifting, as on this run, I was shifting at ~6700-6800RPM... which I found quite interesting. Note: I was also on the JB4's map 4 for this run, which obviously makes more power.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We are looking for 500 hp with some changes including a custom intercooler...now we are going to test it before the changes on the dragway tomorrow night ( our first time) to test the car on 1/4 mile.... we are surprised the power of the 2.5 engine.
I pulled a fully tuned 2020 GR Supra with a 580hp tune, so I’m a believer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Curious, but anyone on lockdown with a 718 S or GTS pdk and APR 93 octane tune got better than 11.6 in the 1/4 mile yet?

Esem - It’s mighty impressive to get 11.66 with a tune in a manual 718 S/GTS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Also curious to hear from other people.

I used my draggy a couple days ago and did 2 runs. Both were pretty close but the better one was 12.19 @ 115.16mph. This was with a passenger and half tank of fuel (could save ~220lbs with low fuel and no passenger). Also got lots of wheel spin off the line since my current PS4S are nearly done at this point. DA of 2556.

All stock except BMC intake filter. Getting SOUL 200 cell sport cats + SOUL exhaust with no mufflers so I'll repeat in the coming weeks. I think even my stock car could pull off a 12.00 flat with a decent launch and getting rid of my passenger + low fuel.

IMG_6013.png

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also curious to hear from other people.

I used my draggy a couple days ago and did 2 runs. Both were pretty close but the better one was 12.19 @ 115.16mph. This was with a passenger and half tank of fuel (could save ~220lbs with low fuel and no passenger). Also got lots of wheel spin off the line since my current PS4S are nearly done at this point. DA of 2556.

All stock except BMC intake filter. Getting SOUL 200 cell sport cats + SOUL exhaust with no mufflers so I'll repeat in the coming weeks. I think even my stock car could pull of a 12.00 flat with a decent launch and getting rid of my passenger + low fuel.

View attachment 26630
Nice runs! Are you PDK or manual ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
More PDK stock data points. No passenger. Fully stock except BMC air filter. 35% fuel 93 octane. See attachments for draggy info.

Run 1: 12.18s @ 117.17 mph
Run 2: 12.01s @115.78 mph

IMG_6023.png IMG_6024.png

The 60ft time was bad on that first run (2.08s vs 1.90s for the second one). I think I could have got high 11s with that trap speed and a better 60ft.

SOUL 200 cell cats and performance exhaust (no mufflers) are getting installed tomorrow. I should have some new runs by the end of the week. Not expecting much (if any) difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I am more of an Auto X guy but some friends rented the drag strip for a test and tune night and let a couple of us go. I have a stock 2018 CGTS and this 11.99 was my best time. This was in South Texas a couple of days ago. Everyone was impressed with it. Just thought I would share. I have been wanting to put a tune but voiding the warranty holds me back.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts