Porsche 718 Forum banner

991 Front Lip on my 982 718 S

14K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  Jbarron 
#1 ·
Being quarantined leaves lots of time to search the web for cool stuff for the car...
I found a very well engineered adapter kit to replace the 718’s front rubber lip with the factory 911 (991 model) front rubber lip. Easy to do and interesting as it adds a little more drop and projects forward more aggressively. A little more google’ing and I found that the manufacturer was just up the road from me in Atlanta. I bought kit and the factory 991 lip from him, install took about 30 minutes and requires no drilling or modification to the mounting points on the car...this guy designed brackets that fit the 718’s mounting points. Pictures attached...I happy to share any other info if anyone needs. The manufacturer for the brackets is EMC2, but it takes some google work to find them.

Also, I am new to the 718 Forum and have never belonged to any type of forum so please excuse if I did not post correctly!

See less See more
#4 ·
OP, I ‘think’ it looks good but your pics of your mod are all in shadow, at first I had difficulty in seeing what you’re done.
please take some more (with car car turned round) so we better appreciate your efforts, thanks ;)

#8 ·
Many thanks. I think that looks superb; I only wish it would work with GTS Sport Design package.

I’ve always felt the front bumper on the 718 is its weakest point, aesthetically speaking. To my eyes this is a big improvement. Way more elegant than most of the other after market stuff.

#24 ·
I just installed the front lip spoiler with the side vents on my Cayman. Fantastic upgrade for the car and Emc2 was absolutely fantastic to work with. I ran into one issue with the installation and emailed a photo of the problem to the company. They replied back quickly and marked up the photo with the issue and how to fix it. If you want to make the front of your Cayman look more aggressive, this is THE solution.

#25 · (Edited)
I just installed the front lip spoiler with the side vents on my Cayman. Fantastic upgrade for the car and Emc2 was absolutely fantastic to work with. I ran into one issue with the installation and emailed a photo of the problem to the company. They replied back quickly and marked up the photo with the issue and how to fix it. If you want to make the front of your Cayman look more aggressive, this is THE solution.
Looks great with the side vents! I will probably add this as well. Exchanged emails with Gary as he is just a few miles away outside of Atlanta. In addition to the looks and mounting type, I like this solution because it's low cost and there is a higher chance of destroying or losing a lip spoiler. Not about to drop $1500 on a carbon fiber lip to have it ripped off. Ask me how I know!

I'm also on their mailing list and they just sent an email saying kits with revised side vent attaching clips will start shipping 29 June.

#27 ·
I am considering this mod on my car and have the PASM+ (-20) could those that have installed the spoiler post measurements of lip to ground. and add if you have standard height, PASM (-10) or PASM+ (-20)

I have not contacted Emc2 yet. They may have this info.

But it would be good for others to know in advance what the clearance would be.

Thanks

#29 ·
Thank you for your response. I just checked and the clearance presently is 6 1/2"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.