Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '22 CGTS is my daily driver. Only 650 miles on it. Sometimes, when starting the car, it takes 7-10 minutes before the A/C starts working. Prior to that, it's just blowing hot air like a hairdryer. But it doesn't always do this. It's been between 0 and 3 times a week. Once I was driving home from work and made a stop. The A/C was working fine. After starting the car following my 15 minute stop, it was blowing hot air for about 10 minutes. Then the cold kicked in. Weird.

I have a service appointment scheduled but it's not until November. They're really backed up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just noticed the other thread on this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, multiple owners are reporting this, and some have said there is an imminent/avail software fix. I have had this occur 3 times, none recently, and none since I let the car sit for just a second or two on accessory power before starting the engine (entirely possible that is coincidental).

·
Registered
135 Posts
2000 miles on my 22 718 Spyder. Had to drive back home to St. Louis from Dallas yesterday with basically no AC. Heading to dealer today . RWM
I assume you power cycled the car more than once during that period. This would be the first report I've read where the AC didn't begin to work a number of minutes later, or after turning the car off/on. GL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did try power cycling it but didn't help much as it either didn't work or stayed on for just a bit. Left it off for forty minutes and it ran cool for about the same time. Stopped by dealer today - they can't get to it till October the 14th - Just great! Car is six weeks old. RWM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts