Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all Canucks,

Continuing in my quest for clarity on the allocation front in these turbulent times. It seems a few lucky UK and USA folks are starting to see allocations flowing (happy for them!).

Has anyone heard of any allocations for any model of 718 this year in Canada?

Has anyone here received an allocation in 2022 in Canada for a 718?

Thanks in advance…
Luke

·
Registered
18 Posts
I placed my order for a base 718 in September 2021 in Ottawa. Based on communication with my SA and others on this forum and on Rennlist, I am not currently expecting an allocation until at least a year from order. In my case it would be September 2022 at the earliest. My SA thinks I'd be very lucky to end up with the car before the end of this year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I placed my order for a base 718 in September 2021 in Ottawa. Based on communication with my SA and others on this forum and on Rennlist, I am not currently expecting an allocation until at least a year from order. In my case it would be September 2022 at the earliest. My SA thinks I'd be very lucky to end up with the car before the end of this year.
Got an allocation for a S on Nov 11. Build is now locked with manufacture July 1, delivery Aug 26th. Talked with SA this week. He said mine was the last mid engine allocation he received. I don’t now why us Canadians don’t get our share of cars. Maybe less profit for Porsche

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put a deposit down in March 2021 for a Cayman GTS, still no allocation. I knew it would take a while, but now I'm really getting concerned that production will end before I get my turn. It's frustrating to see other posts of people waiting ~6mo for allocations and getting their cars. The dealership never has much information to offer, and point to corporate dolling out information monthly.

@lukesward your question is interesting. My dealer said they hadn't received any new allocations for GTS's since December. I have also since been told that they're not getting any more 718 Spyder allocations (GT4 still open).

I keep thinking I need to jump ship but everything else I care about is a year+ out anyways and I don't want to start over.

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good stuff everyone - well, not really good as we are all waiting/worrying - but good to correlate what I've been hearing from my sales associate. My order demand went in last year and there's no allocation in sight. There's a few trickling in with forum members from the UK and the US, but slim pickings here in Canada even more so. An exercise in patience and hope, but certainly not very rosy. Appreciate everyone chiming in. (y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I put a deposit down in March 2021 for a Cayman GTS, still no allocation. I knew it would take a while, but now I'm really getting concerned that production will end before I get my turn. It's frustrating to see other posts of people waiting ~6mo for allocations and getting their cars. The dealership never has much information to offer, and point to corporate dolling out information monthly.

@lukesward your question is interesting. My dealer said they hadn't received any new allocations for GTS's since December. I have also since been told that they're not getting any more 718 Spyder allocations (GT4 still open).

I keep thinking I need to jump ship but everything else I care about is a year+ out anyways and I don't want to start over.
Any update on this? what dealer did you order from? I put in a deposit on the weekend for a GTS Cayman, I'm 26th on the list at the dealer but was told likely 1-2 years. If it's any longer I of course will not get a car as I believe production is ending sometime in 2024.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any update on this? what dealer did you order from? I put in a deposit on the weekend for a GTS Cayman, I'm 26th on the list at the dealer but was told likely 1-2 years. If it's any longer I of course will not get a car as I believe production is ending sometime in 2024.
No news, but everyone waiting in Canada just got mail last week from corporate saying "thank you for waiting" essentially. Be mentally prepared that you're in line for the next generation already. A ship full of US-bound cars sunk a few months ago that need to be replaced, plus the wartime issues for parts supply, plus the ongoing chip shortage from Covid. I started in 4th on the list 15mo ago...

·
Registered
61 Posts
No news, but everyone waiting in Canada just got mail last week from corporate saying "thank you for waiting" essentially. Be mentally prepared that you're in line for the next generation already. A ship full of US-bound cars sunk a few months ago that need to be replaced, plus the wartime issues for parts supply, plus the ongoing chip shortage from Covid. I started in 4th on the list 15mo ago...
That would be unfortunate, I'd be asking for my deposit back and I guess I won't get one, not interested in an electric sports car (performance or not)

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,106 Posts
26th? I have no hard data, but based on the experiences of people on this forum and others, Canadian dealers seem to be getting single digit yearly allocations for GTS cars. That doesn't bode well for those far down a list. At #26, I would consider Plan B.

·
Registered
61 Posts
26th? I have no hard data, but based on the experiences of people on this forum and others, Canadian dealers seem to be getting single digit yearly allocations for GTS cars. That doesn't bode well for those far down a list. At #26, I would consider Plan B.
You may be right, when speaking with the dealer I inquired about how much stock they receive and I was told around 20 a year. I ordered from PFAFF which I believe is one of if not the largest Porsche dealer in Canada.

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks for chiming in on this conversation, much appreciated. Like you, I’m enthralled at the thought of actually getting an allocation, but during these past 18 months they have been exceptionally scarce.

To pass the time, and to try to see if/when allocations start flowing in Canada again (as it seems they have pretty much been on hold here since Oct/Nov last year), I’ve been trying to keep track of order demands and allocations here in Canada (at least the ones mentioned in this forum).

I thought I would reach out to all of you who have order demands in place, to ask if you would let me know directly when your allocation finally comes through. Here’s the table I’ve been using to keep track of this - I’ll keep it updated in this thread.
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

If you DM me, I can do a better job of keeping this reasonably accurate. Also, if your order is not or is mis-represented in this table (and you would like to have it added/fixed), please contact me.

Cheers,
Luke

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for chiming in on this conversation, much appreciated. Like you, I’m enthralled at the thought of actually getting an allocation, but during these past 18 months they have been exceptionally scarce.

To pass the time, and to try to see if/when allocations start flowing in Canada again (as it seems they have pretty much been on hold here since Oct/Nov last year), I’ve been trying to keep track of order demands and allocations here in Canada (at least the ones mentioned in this forum).

I thought I would reach out to all of you who have order demands in place, to ask if you would let me know directly when your allocation finally comes through. Here’s the table I’ve been using to keep track of this - I’ll keep it updated in this thread.
View attachment 43526

If you DM me, I can do a better job of keeping this reasonably accurate. Also, if your order is not or is mis-represented in this table (and you would like to have it added/fixed), please contact me.

Cheers,
Luke
I received an allocation for a Cayman S on Nov 11, 2021. Car being built now and scheduled for delivery on Aug 13

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks tinycerebellum, great username :) Scraps of positivity are good for us all!!

I've had some encouraging news from my dealer here in Ottawa. They confirmed that there has been a trickle of allocations coming through since November, and that my place has advanced on the list. No other details on how many specific allocations of each type.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts