Porsche 718 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
How often do you guys follow up with your sales person for allocation status? Given current situation in Canada I feel maybe every quarter checking once is reasonable?
Yeah, every three months or so was kind of our schedule for 2021 and early 2022, but that's kind of dried up as they really have had nothing to say since about November of 2021. Part of the reason we are trying to keep track of any allocation news through this forum, so if we can see things starting to shift/open up, we can be more inclined to reach out to our SA with something a little more concrete in hand....

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Yeah, every three months or so was kind of our schedule for 2021 and early 2022, but that's kind of dried up as they really have had nothing to say since about November of 2021. Part of the reason we are trying to keep track of any allocation news through this forum, so if we can see things starting to shift/open up, we can be more inclined to reach out to our SA with something a little more concrete in hand....
My Sales Manager updates me every couple months, so very reasonable to reach out quarterly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
and a rear wiper optioned as well - don't see that very often - looks like Extended interior stitching package as well
I hope you guys don’t mind me lurking around still. Old habits are hard to break. I ordered the rear wiper because we get a lot of rain in British Columbia. I drove it in some serious rain last week and probably could have done just fine without the wiper. Maybe for snow it would make sense. The real surprise to me is how well the ceramic coating works. When I drove it into the garage it was still wet but the next morning it looked like it had just been washed. I would have loved the excuse to wash it but I couldn’t find any dirt except on the wheels. Hang in there guys, it’s worth the wait

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I hope you guys don’t mind me lurking around still. Old habits are hard to break. I ordered the rear wiper because we get a lot of rain in British Columbia. I drove it in some serious rain last week and probably could have done just fine without the wiper. Maybe for snow it would make sense.
when I saw your profile indicates Canada, I figured it was for driving in snow

Yes BC gets a lot of rain! I lived in Oregon just a bit over 10 years - 5 to 7 days of constant drizzle at a time...sometimes nearly two weeks of that as well

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi, All. It is time for the monthly-ish post with a link to the 2022 718 allocation/order tracking spreadsheet. @lukesward has been great at canvassing/polling people for updates, and so this is fairly up to date now. Plus we've now gone over one hundred rows!

Product Font Material property Parallel Pattern

There are now two little additional fields right at the bottom that show the average of the order-to-allocation time, and the order-to-delivery time (based on the data in this table).

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
Sebring Orange 2019 C7 Z06
12 Posts
Hi, All. It is time for the monthly-ish post with a link to the 2022 718 allocation/order tracking spreadsheet. @lukesward has been great at canvassing/polling people for updates, and so this is fairly up to date now. Plus we've now gone over one hundred rows!

View attachment 49331

There are now two little additional fields right at the bottom that show the average of the order-to-allocation time, and the order-to-delivery time (based on the data in this table).

View attachment 49332
New to the forum, so I add myself to this on Google sheets or should I talk to @lukesward ? I put a deposit for a GT4 July 7th, 2022 and also put a deposit on a Cayman GTS 4.0 today to cover my bases and cross my fingers and toes haha.

·
Registered
66 Posts
New to the forum, so I add myself to this on Google sheets or should I talk to @lukesward ? I put a deposit for a GT4 July 7th, 2022 and also put a deposit on a Cayman GTS 4.0 today to cover my bases and cross my fingers and toes haha.
@lukesward will generally do it but I am also able to. If you are comfortable sharing your dealership's location, we could include that too. And of course, your name will be redacted.

·
Registered
Sebring Orange 2019 C7 Z06
12 Posts
Pfaff? Did they give you any indication of a timeline on the GTS?
Not Pfaff, sorry! They are telling me a timeline if 1-2 years unfortunately for both the GT4 and GTS, but the GT4 list is shorter at the moment. I jacked up all my options on the GT4 so that it might be more appealing financially to order mine haha. For the GTS the dealership was probing to see if I would be interested in the Cayman EV but I told them I had no desire for that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad you are on the board, @Musabi.

What I want to get a sense of at some point is if the chunk of Canadian allocations expected for this November (which I got the sense there would be based on various rumors sprinkled about the forum over the last month or two) have been distributed to Canadian dealers. So far (as of today), there doesn't seem to be any indication of that on any large scale. Has anyone heard otherwise?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad you are on the board, @Musabi.

What I want to get a sense of at some point is if the chunk of Canadian allocations expected for this November (which I got the sense there would be based on various rumors sprinkled about the forum over the last month or two) have been distributed to Canadian dealers. So far (as of today), there doesn't seem to be any indication of that on any large scale. Has anyone heard otherwise?
I think this is just wishful thinking, @alavigne. I wouldn't expect any new allocations until next year. It seems to me the rumors of November allocations were just rumors started by people hoping there would be allocations, without any confirmation from Porsche that there would in-fact be allocations given to PCNA.

141 - 160 of 208 Posts