Porsche 718 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Some days I'm worried. Some days less so.

On some days, it seems inconceivable to me, given that we placed our order demands (me and @lukesward together for our double GTS Chronicles Euro delivery thing) nearly a year and a half ago, that we could go much beyond the full 2-year mark before getting allocations. Especially since we were told by our dealer over a year ago that we were both "1st in line" for the next Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS allocations (of course, as we all know, dealers do not have to honor any kind of queue or line they might choose to make).

But then on other days it seems like a pipe dream. We have reasonable builds that have a decent stacking of options (ADMs are not technically allowed in Ontario Canada), and we feel like our dealer is on our side. But... what if the dealer doesn't actually ever get another GTS allocation before the 982 generation ends production? Again, seems inconceivable given that there will be both a 2023 and 2024 MY for the 982s and the 3rd zuffenhausen production shift and the osnabruck production line etc etc), but .....those thoughts sometime get the best of you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You could indeed be right, @tinycerebellum. Probably useful to ask, though, in case someone out there has heard or witnessed something definitive.
Was just at the dealership today. My SA said they have been told to expect 250 718s next year spread all throughout Canada. He doesn't expect to get more than 2. It might be a good time to explore the used car market. You can avoid the federal luxury tax as well.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,278 Posts
Was just at the dealership today. My SA said they have been told to expect 250 718s next year spread all throughout Canada. He doesn't expect to get more than 2. It might be a good time to explore the used car market. You can avoid the federal luxury tax as well.
If there is 250 coming that is an average of 11 or so per dealer. I know the allocations aren't balanced and high sales dealers get more, but two? Is this Porsche Pickle Lake?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Doing that (going used) would mean the dream of double euro delivery wrt to The GTS Chronicles would be dead in the water. But yes, I understand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If there is 250 coming that is an average of 11 or so per dealer. I know the allocations aren't balanced and high sales dealers get more, but two? Is this Porsche Pickle Lake?
Yeah... actually 250 sounds pretty promising all things considered. Maybe the SA meant two just for that SA?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah... actually 250 sounds pretty promising all things considered. Maybe the SA meant two just for that SA?
Yeah That makes more sense since there are 4 sales people in the dealership. My guess is half old these would be NA and half turbo so do the math based on the size of the dealership and where you are on the list.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a question for the board: are any of you worried you WONT get an allocation or are you just wondering when you’ll get the actual car?
Based on the 2025 MY EV target, the continuous parts shortages, shipping delays and in seeing how long others have waited I actually don't expect to get an allocation. I placed my dealer order in June of this year for a Cayman GTS 4.0.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that what makes the prospect of getting an allocation grim is the impending EV version. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't worry about it so much. I have been watching the used market as well, and I noticed some hefty price drops at the end of the fall. Some of the used 718s have been sitting on the dealer lots for half a year with nobody buying them at the high prices.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Comparing this with what I heard at the dealership, I think I will get an allocation first half 2023.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,278 Posts
The web site lists something called the "Approved & Service Centre West Island", which as @alavigne points out may only deal with used.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I thought there were four dealerships in Montreal..... yes: Porsche West Island. although looking at it more closely, they might only sell used cars? not sure.

Otherwise, list looks good to me.
Thanks, Porsche’s Dealer finder does not list it, likely because they only sell used. Just thought it might be a useful list since I could not find one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was offered a "spec" car today, ie. can't choose options. Sounds like the 718s are being phased out mid-2023 and they're using up parts. Dealer figures this is probably the last chance to get the 718 models. In my case I have declined since I have a Macan on the way now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I was offered a "spec" car today, ie. can't choose options. Sounds like the 718s are being phased out mid-2023 and they're using up parts. Dealer figures this is probably the last chance to get the 718 models. In my case I have declined since I have a Macan on the way now.
that one is beyond the lock date, so either was a customer that backed out, or dealer ordered on their own - that story is to get someone to take than unsold order.

most buyers are probably wanting to spec their car to their wants vs. a white / black / silver body color with black interior and loaded up with PDK and Burmester audio, as an example

Reactions: P_Coastal

·
Registered
21 Posts
that one is beyond the lock date, so either was a customer that backed out, or dealer ordered on their own - that story is to get someone to take than unsold order.

most buyers are probably wanting to spec their car to their wants vs. a white / black / silver body color with black interior and loaded up with PDK and Burmester audio, as an example
No it's the final roll-out. They've just had a country-wide annual meeting between corporate and the dealers. Dealers are getting a few select "spec" cars across various models, you could pick the color and that's about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doing that (going used) would mean the dream of double euro delivery wrt to The GTS Chronicles would be dead in the water. But yes, I understand.
I have been told that the dealership will get an extra allocation if your order is doing an ED as long as Porsche AG in either Zuffenhausen or Leipzig can accommodate your order (due to only a number of new vehicles can be delivered in a day). Because your order will be considered Porsche AG's allocation instead of the dealer's allocation. That's why one of my buddies also put his order in together with me on 718 Spyder for European delivery.

I think you will have a great chance to get yours. finger crossed!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which dealer told you this? We've had some pretty good intelligence that there will be a 2024 MY of the 982 generation, in addition to the 2023 model year.

e.g. CLARIFICATION 11/2/22: Porsche confirmed that the 718 Boxster and Cayman Style Editions will be coming to the U.S. for the 2024 model year. (from a C&D article but supported from several other sources).

161 - 180 of 208 Posts