Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi Graham. That’s sad to hear but at least it’s moving. I collected mine on Saturday and you really won’t be disappointed. It made the wait worth while. It’s currently having PPF and ceramic coatings applied for that extra piece of mind.
Keep us posted.
That’s great news, Dan. Very pleased for you. I am sure that I too will forget the long wait once it has arrived. I keep telling myself that it’s all part of the Porsche experience when placing a factory order and of course, if they were readily available without delays, it wouldn’t help residual values.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Five days on and still no further news. The situation regarding storage of new cars at Ahlhorn and Emden does seem somewhat shambolic, with so many having to be held there and with lengthy delays before onward transit. Afraid the purchase of my first Porsche is very much turning into my worst car buying experience in 40 years of doing so.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That’s a shame Graham. A real shame. Maybe a well worded email further up the food chain may shake the tree a little.
Can I ask if you’ve got a copy of your build schedule giving completion dates at different stages or are you relying on what your salesman tells you?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
That’s a shame Graham. A real shame. Maybe a well worded email further up the food chain may shake the tree a little.
Can I ask if you’ve got a copy of your build schedule giving completion dates at different stages or are you relying on what your salesman tells you?
The dealership General Sales Manager has been personally involved on a regular basis with my order as well as the original salesman for a long while and particularly since a carefully worded complaint went to my two press contacts at the Porsche UK HO a while back. A further such email has just been sent as we seem to be making little progress and the dealership seems to have as little information as I have.

I’ve read a mass of comments on a Taycan forum similar to this from mainly UK buyers about all the major and far worse delays they have been experiencing in recent months re the situation at Ahlhorn and Emden, with some cars seemingly getting stuck at the former for months, whilst other later cars seemed to go straight past to Emden. You expect far better from a prestige brand such as Porsche.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Dan, hope you’re still very much enjoying your new Cayman. Just wanted to let you know that things have moved on here and we were delighted to take delivery of ours yesterday. Absolutely love it.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts