Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a new Cayman S. I was wondering were I was as far as the cost of options versus the cost of the car.

The base car was 78.2% of the total cost (before delivery and other charges). That makes 21.8% for options. The final percentage will probably increase at delivery for things like paint protection film, all weather floor mats, luggage compartment liner, tow hook license plate bracket, etc. I'm guessing conservatively to about 26% to 27%.

Am I high or low?

Thanks,

Dave

P.S. Sorry for all math. It's the bean-counter in me. :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just checked my build sheet and for me the cost of options was 11% of the total cost of the car. (before taxes and delivery charges).

The only option I would not get again is the dual zone climate control. I never use that. I'd definitely get auto climate control - just not the dual zone option.

And the one option I would get which I didn't is the interior lighting package. I didn't realize not having meant not having lights on visors etc.

·
892 Posts
On my Boxster S on the other hand, extras account for some 32% or so of the total (by recollection fractionally more). Bear in mind that in the U.K our cars have a generally higher basic spec than many other countries & items such as the digital radio module, navigation & connect +, are already standard which isn't always the case dependant on which country you reside.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My base Cayman was 76% of the total cost (before delivery and other charges). 24% for options.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Mine (718 Cayman. Purchase price, not MSRP): Almost exactly 25%.

Don't forget to include the destination fee ($1,050 in the U.S.) in the base price, folks. It's mandatory.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I suppose that it also depends on whitch model you take. For instance, if you want the 20 inches wheels, they will cost more if you take the base model than if you take the S.
I wanted the black 20 inches wheels, adaptive suspense, PSE, Sport chronos, Sport plus seats, PTV, etc. All these options come with the GTS. So the cost of the options I took, on top of the base price of the GTS, represent only 15%.

·
Registered
313 Posts
718C - Options were 15% of total price. I tried to have a light touch on the options, but, boy do they add up quickly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Reactions: XK4

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
My base 2018 Cayman ($55,300 MSRP) has only one option (PDK at $3210) so my total option percent was less than 6%.

Actually I got the price of the car down to $54,800 (with PDK) so it's tough to figure the exact number.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, that off centre license plate really started to trigger my OCD ;)

Everything else about the car is pretty symmetrical. Just looks odd off center, and when I'm spending $xx,xxx on a Porsche I don't want it looking odd. Just my opinion of course. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.