Porsche 718 Forum banner

Adding a clock

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Uz718 
#1 ·
My 2018 Boxster S has no clock, other than in the multi function display. I’d like to add one without having to do any disassembly, drilling, etc. I’ve seen some cheap ones that attach to the air vents but has anyone found a better solution?

#7 ·
A quick look on Amazon will show quite a few choices, but it's down to personal taste whether you'd be happy with any of them (I confess I personally wouldn't be). One thing I would point out, is that should you choose to stick a clock to the top of the dash you might find the reflection distracting. Although it's not an issue for me, quite a few have commented that they even have problems with reflections from the Sports Chrono unit. Just bear it in mind when deciding. As Johan has pointed out, the time displays on the PCM unit & even if I didn't have Sports Chrono I can't say I'd feel any need to add another way of telling the time. Truth be told, more often than not I still glance at my wristwatch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.