Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Cayman GTS
102 Posts
First, great info thanks!
I'd hate to keep going back and forth, but if someone can show proof that the Fabspeed supercup can make at least 15whp with a tune, I may buy it again. I am also on a lightweight binge, where I started with a 9.5 lbs. Antigravity battery and have actually noticed difference in lightness of the front end. With the light weight wheels, seats, and exhaust, I am confident my manual gts will touch upper 2800 lbs.
So the setup I just ranted about I literally just bought. Going to keep the brand I purchased a secret, as it will throw the conversation into two different camps. I've setup a time to dyno the car next week as it sits right now. Then I will take it back and get it dyno'ed again with the exhaust mods, and then again with the tune and mods. It will be a few weeks, and once I have the numbers I will share with everyone.

I'm with you on the losing weight thing. Between SOUL and Fab Speed... Fab Speed has the better option for those who want to be shedding weight. I believe you can still save weight with the SOUL setup, but I believe it's not as much as you could save with the Fab Speed setup.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So the setup I just ranted about I literally just bought. Going to keep the brand I purchased a secret, as it will throw the conversation into two different camps. I've setup a time to dyno the car next week as it sits right now. Then I will take it back and get it dyno'ed again with the exhaust mods, and then again with the tune and mods. It will be a few weeks, and once I have the numbers I will share with everyone.

I'm with you on the losing weight thing. Between SOUL and Fab Speed... Fab Speed has the better option for those who want to be shedding weight. I believe you can still save weight with the SOUL setup, but I believe it's not as much as you could save with the Fab Speed setup.
Looking forward to your results. I know these are strictly handling cars but should be very quick, high 10 seconds quick with DR's with your pdk. Whomever comes out with a no lift shift for us manual guys will automatically be my goto tune. I want both the engagement of a manual but also quicker acceleration.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Looking forward to your results. I know these are strictly handling cars but should be very quick, high 10 seconds quick with DR's with your pdk. Whomever comes out with a no lift shift for us manual guys will automatically be my goto tune. I want both the engagement of a manual but also quicker acceleration.
I know we've discussed it before so I'll keep it short. Any modern car with an electronic rev limiter and manual trans can No Lift Shift. You will simply bounce the rev limiter. The benefit of no lift shifting (auto rev-matching) is in your down shift and used primarily on a track. You can add auto blip if you really insist on having this feature as part of the car. Auto-Blip Home

As for 10's... I just don't think the platform and aftermarket is there for this car. Down the road when sh!t starts breaking, we will start getting into built short blocks, head work, turbo upgrades, ect... but I think it will be cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know we've discussed it before so I'll keep it short. Any modern car with an electronic rev limiter and manual trans can No Lift Shift. You will simply bounce the rev limiter. The benefit of no lift shifting (auto rev-matching) is in your down shift and used primarily on a track. You can add auto blip if you really insist on having this feature as part of the car. Auto-Blip Home

As for 10's... I just don't think the platform and aftermarket is there for this car. Down the road when sh!t starts breaking, we will start getting into built short blocks, head work, turbo upgrades, ect... but I think it will be cost prohibitive.
Yes I am aware, but I was speaking to like what the manual GT3's have. I don't want to HAVE to hit the rev limiter to cut fuel/ignition.
As for 10's, there are some doing low 11's already with just tune, no DP and street tires. With some drag radials and perfect conditions, it may just touch high 10's.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
As for 10's, there are some doing low 11's already with just tune, no DP and street tires. With some drag radials and perfect conditions, it may just touch high 10's.
Not to argue, and totally not my intention... But I'm not buy'n what their sell'n! Low 11's with tune only, no Drag radials or other mods? No way!!! I'm not saying there aren't cars doing mid to low 11's, I'm saying they have more than just a tune!
Yes I am aware, but I was speaking to like what the manual GT3's have. I don't want to HAVE to hit the rev limiter to cut fuel/ignition.
Sounds to me like you're wanting a GT3, it has the shifting you want and can run the numbers your looking for.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not to argue, and totally not my intention... But I'm not buy'n what their sell'n! Low 11's with tune only, no Drag radials or other mods? No way!!! I'm not saying there aren't cars doing mid to low 11's, I'm saying they have more than just a tune!

Sounds to me like you're wanting a GT3, it has the shifting you want and can run the numbers your looking for.
No worries man, not my intention either nor do I need to prove.

And yes, if I had GT3 money, we won't even be having this conversation. ;)

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
No worries man, not my intention either nor do I need to prove.

And yes, if I had GT3 money, we won't even be having this conversation. ;)
With the whole stay at home thing, I feel that I've reached the end of youtube and have yet to see a tune only running that. Look me up "Car Junkie" on YouTube. Share some of those videos please.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts