Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's disappointing that Porsche wouldn't do a thing to fix this problem I have a 2018 GTS and can confirm I've never had an issue like that over 30 track days, many in the summer with track temps hitting 150 degrees. Perhaps you could sell the car and pick up a GTS (4 cylinder) at a nice discount. It seems the 4 cylinder GTS is the best deal out there for those of us who track their cars since many are more buyers concerned with sound over performance. Good luck and again, VERY disappointing Porsche knows about this and can't come up with a solution, even if its buying your car and putting you in a GTS.
In my area, I’m not seeing reasonable pricing on ANY used Porsche. With manufacturing being disrupted, the used vehicles prices seem to be skyrocketing.

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
59 Posts
I did check out the Suncoast project car site. There seemed to be a contradiction in there though. They talked about replacing the underbelly pan with a 991.2 Speedster part. And then later on they said they used a 718 GTS underbelly pan. From my limited research, I didn't see any difference in the underbelly pans between the S & GTS, but I was looking at part schematics. Getting more airflow down by the turbo can only help.
they are using the speedster pan in the front of the car, it has ducts that pull air up into under the body. They are using a GTS rear pan. Apparently there is also a piece that blocks airflow in the middle of the car that they removed as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here’s the speedster front belly pan and the chunk of sound deadener from the tunnel under our cars. the foam is under the car in the tunnel and its proximity is between the seats.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’ve replaced the front pan with the Speedster unit. Removed that insulated foam piece. Ran into the same overheating issue on my third session yesterday - granted outside temps were high - upper 90’s. I would prefer a solution from Porsche, but at this point I’ve resigned to just to avoiding hot days at the track from here on out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Based on my conversations with Suncoast parts and their Cayman S 718 race car, the GTS mid engine belly pan does Not solve the limp mode issue on S cars. It ”helped” but did Not solve the limp issue for tracked cars. Porsche is aware of the limp issue on tracked 718S cars but they do Not have a solution.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts