Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I considered to buy a Spyder, the 4.0 NA engine played a major role. But now GTS 4.0 is out, is there a list that can show GT4/Spyder is still a better choice?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You get GT3 front suspension on the spyder and GT4 and the rear is also bespoke while the GTS has the more normal suspension.
Brakes are also better on the GT4 and Spyder.

·
Registered
131 Posts
As GGG stated - GT4 is race truck ready and build for track - GTS4.0 is "normal" driver - so its more about the parts than the engine . and therefore there is a 15 TEUR difference in the price ... so depends on what you will focus on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You get GT3 front suspension on the spyder and GT4 and the rear is also bespoke while the GTS has the more normal suspension.
Brakes are also better on the GT4 and Spyder.
Pretty sure I read that the new GTS also has upgraded brakes with 6 pot fronts.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The significant difference between the two for me would be the operation of the roof. I like the appearance of the Spyder and it's certainly more rare, but having to deal with that roof, put the GTS ahead - at least for me it did as I looked at preowned 981 Spyder for a bit. Mechanically, unless you are going to track, I don't think the differences are significant. It probably comes down to looks and utility. Oh and which you're actually able to obtain, given their limited numbers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the new GTS 4.0. Porsche made it seem when they brought out the 718 that the Turbo 4 was going to be the way of the future for the 718 models because it was like the four cylinder race car. Now they bring out the 4.0 six cylinder engine from the GT4/Spyder and put it in a new GTS with 30 more HP but the same torque. It brings back the sweet six cylinder sounds that so many people said they missed even though the Turbo 4 out performed the 981 six cylinder.
I will be interested to see how the torque curve looks between the 4.0 and T4. While I might not be ready to trade my GTS 2.5 for a GTS 4.0 I might be intrigued into trading my wife’s 2.0 Boxster for a 4.0 Boxster when the PDK model comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts