Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have our 718's but is there another Porsche that is on the horizon that you would like to own? If so what Porsche will it be and why? I personally am not leaning toward the big sellers like the Macan, and Cayenne but what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I bought a 718 GTS to be primarily an autocross/HPDE car. Because of that I got the PDK, but I love MT's for everyday use. I couldn't get myself to spend any more money on a car with PDK. If I really enjoy HPDE, maybe I look for a Porsche GT car but that is a big question mark at this time.

So let's say I still needed an everyday street car. It would have to be an MT. The trouble is, once you start spec'ing out a 911, The price easily climbs to MSRP of >120K, so it opens up another whole level of competition. I'm also not sure if the more powerful cars are as much fun in everyday street use. Might be overkill. I like the styling of the Carrera T but not convinced of the value. I feel a little insulted that they take out the back seat, PCM and give you light weight glass with no defroster and call it a weight savings.

I might not buy another Porsche until I see EVs. Everyday use I might need to get into the "hot hatch" crowd. Actually the Macan is the right, practical choice for me in many ways, but I already have one. If I wrecked it in the next year, I would probably replace it with the same thing. After that the jury is out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What happens if Porsche releases a GT4 or GT4-RS, any takers?
Yes please ! I wouldn't be able to afford one now but that would be next on my list, yes, absolutely. I actually prefer the 718s over the 911s... I do like the turbo but it would have to be an MT for me so that rules turbo out. Would consider the GT3 but actually the GT4 suits me more so yes, hopefully that is the next one on the list!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Why the Macan next? Family requirements or as a daily driver?
Family requirements for the Macan. 3.5yo little girl and a 7month old little boy. I'm just waiting for the frequency of vomits to reach close to zero before pulling the trigger on the Macan.

I'm not sure my heart could take watching multiple vomits over the interior of a shiny new Porsche.

I actually prefer the 718s over the 911s..
I'm like you. I strongly prefer the aesthetics of the 718 (Boxster in particular) over the 911.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great question! Not to sound like I shill for the 718, but it is the ultimate Porsche for me. So my next Porsche will also be a 718C 6mt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh yes, the next hunt...I have been admiring the Carrera gts, or the Gt3..I have yet to drive either, wondering what difference they would be to my 718 manual base?
Recently saw this gts locally..love the color.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yes, the next hunt...I have been admiring the Carrera gts, or the Gt3..I have yet to drive either, wondering what difference they would be to my 718 manual base?
Recently saw this gts locally..love the color.
GT3...Hmmmmm

Check out these two videos of Guards Red GT3's the first one is informational and the second is flat out cool with the music.......both the cool background music and great engine sound (music).

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wait for the GT4 RS, this will be my next car purchase.
RS because the Non RS will only come as manual as far as I know. Manual and N/A is for me not the right thing. I tried it 15 months with a 981 S, but then moved to a GTS with PDK.

Reactions: Porsche2018

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great GT3 video, that sound is amazing...9k redline is insane.
I was at a local dealer on Friday, I admit the 911 looks much larger than the 718...my dream would be to have both, a 718 and Gt3, or Gts but not if I ever plan to retire.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my dream would be to have both, a 718 and Gt3, or Gts but not if I ever plan to retire.
Dreams are good, without good dreams you have nightmares.....dream on my friend and maybe sometime real soon the dreams will become a reality.....

Take care of retirement savings first then after all that's in order, and if it makes sense financially, then go for it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have always loved the look of of the targas as well...I have had so many cars over the years, but this is my first porsche...really enjoying everything about the car. I was joking with my most awesome wife of 26 years, that "her" Cayman needs a big brother...she's used to my obsession, and I have arrived home with a few new vehicles after saying "Im just gonna go look"
Life is short, work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

1 - 20 of 324 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.