Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Does anyone here have any experience with the Agency Power catback exhaust?

I’m mostly concerned with day-to-day livability, not looking for huge noise.
Are you open to a chat about your goals in terms of sound and performance? I'd be happy to make sure you get exactly what you're looking for.

-Mike
Mike is good people... highly recommended just from my short dealings. Sometimes you can tell, even before you've received your items, that you've made the right choice in a supplier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you open to a chat about your goals in terms of sound and performance? I'd be happy to make sure you get exactly what you're looking for.

-Mike
I am, though I don’t have any particular goals yet because I haven’t had enough wheel time. :)

I find the ~25lb weight reduction (that Agency claims) appealing. I don’t really want to be a lot louder, but just a little would be OK. I do like the sound on a cold start. :)

I didn’t see the PSE on my build sheet, so I probably don’t have it, but have a vague recollection of reading that all Caymans after a certain point have it. Did I make that up?

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is the standard exhaust, anything you do will be an improvement.

The agency power would be a nice upgrade and an easy swap.

Benefit of the soul system is that it will essentially add PSE, allowing you to control the exhaust volume level

160 Posts
It’s a 2018. Looks like I do not have the button:
Interesting that they have a video showing the car on the dyno but don't provide any results.

Have you considered changing out the downpipe to one with a sport catalytic converter? That would net you more turbo sound and better response from the car.

Alternatively, if you are looking for a PSE like solution, I'd be happy to take care of you on our Valved Exhaust. I can also get you the Agency Power exhaust.

-Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hadn’t considered the down pipe. Do I need to be concerned about emissions at all? I’ll check out the install guide - I don’t have access to a lift, but I do have a jack and stands.

You’ve given me a lot to consider. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
The other variable on models without PSE is the sound difference between normal and sport mode. On my base Boxie, there is a nice improvement in sport mode.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Soul Performance Products
I read through the install guide for the valved exhaust and it mentions connecting the vacuum lines from the existing PSE, but doesn't have anything about the valve controller kit that's listed on the product page. If this is just a case of an outdated install guide, any ETA on an update?

Related: any possibility of wiring the valve controller to the center console button (which I don't have, but assume I can get) instead of needing to keep track of yet another remote fob?

160 Posts
We have several guides for that exhaust based on the options selected, here is a guide that goes over the wiring: https://soulpp.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/718-SOUL-Valved-Exhaust-Install-Guide-Base-Non-PSE-Valve-Controller-Web.pdf

You could do it in theory, but we have not had a customer do it for the 718 yet. We have had a customer do it on the 991.1 Carrera non-PSE - here is a video to see what it all entailed:

Alternatively, you're able to pair the open and close functions to your HomeLink buttons just as you would a garage door opener!

-Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the link to that install guide - I didn't see it on the product page for the valved exhaust (the only options that I see are for tip style). Where should I have looked for it?

Repurposing the HomeLink buttons is an interesting idea. :)

160 Posts
Thanks for the link to that install guide - I didn't see it on the product page for the valved exhaust (the only options that I see are for tip style). Where should I have looked for it?

Repurposing the HomeLink buttons is an interesting idea. :)
I meant that I can only include the link to one install guide per product page. It makes sense for me to just put that install guide up as it covers more options - if you don't need the valve controller section it can just be ignored - so I'll update the site accordingly!

Let me know if you have more questions, we're always glad to help!

-Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts