Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone, turning to you after being unable to figure this out on my own. I have a 2017 718 C, and am having issues understanding the PCM system. Specifically relating to music, I stream via spotify off an android phone (galaxy s21) connected via Bluetooth. Now my issue is that the album art rarely shows up, and if it does its only on older albums (prior to 2014 seems to be the pattern). When it doesn't show up, it just gives a generic image of the genre it thinks that the song is in.

My question, is if there is a fix to this? Or do I need to switch to an iPhone and run CarPlay? (Or unlock android auto)

Would love to figure this out, I can't for the life of me figure out where the car is pulling the album info from...

Thanks in advance. Also, if I posted in the wrong spot, plz lmk.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I changed my phone to apple shortly after buying my car, never had an issue. The Boxster and Cayman don’t support android auto, so there are always going to be issue trying to use it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright everyone, turning to you after being unable to figure this out on my own. I have a 2017 718 C, and am having issues understanding the PCM system. Specifically relating to music, I stream via spotify off an android phone (galaxy s21) connected via Bluetooth. Now my issue is that the album art rarely shows up, and if it does its only on older albums (prior to 2014 seems to be the pattern). When it doesn't show up, it just gives a generic image of the genre it thinks that the song is in.

My question, is if there is a fix to this? Or do I need to switch to an iPhone and run CarPlay? (Or unlock android auto)

Would love to figure this out, I can't for the life of me figure out where the car is pulling the album info from...

Thanks in advance. Also, if I posted in the wrong spot, plz lmk.
I've had similar issues - and I use an iPhone and Apple Music. There's no rhyme or reason behind what album artwork shows up and what doesn't, but more often than not, the display is the generic image you refer to.
If anyone has a solution (admittedly, it's not a HUGE deal - just frustrating), I'd love to hear it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts