Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 CB / GT silver - 2019 vintage
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TL;DR
Does anyone have a good indy to recommend for tire alignments in the SF Bay Area? Would love to get recommendations for Peninsula or South Bay (Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View). Also would be awesome if you had details on estimates!

Considerations:
Independents: I browsed the threads and Modderman’s comes to mind.
Dealers: Asked around and I’m getting a ballpark estimate of 800-900 USD.

Background (if you’re interested)
Haven’t been doing much driving between COVID-19 and WFH. For reference: took the Cayman in for its 1-year maintenance (provided for free/part of purchase by Porsche) around May 2020. She’s added at most ~800 miles since (mainly mini “drives”and grocery runs w/e to a trip into downtown SF to pickup office files — more on that below). Finally got the chance to sneak in a “early morning” trip to Half Moon Bay last week only to discover the car was pulling to the right. Heart sank as I validated the symptom on local roads (sanity checking hypersensitivity to road crown). The Cayman starts pulling right at about 25 yards. The only thing that comes to mind is the trip to downtown SF (those potholes near 1st Street).

Cheers in adv. for the recces!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers @Futurballa - will deffo give them a look.🍻

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick SitRep:
Gave Auto Innovations a call last week. One word: "wow".

"Steve" has to be one of the friendliest service experiences I've had in recent memory. Lots of advice on things to sanity check before I make an appointment. Unfortunately, it looks like I am looking at an alignment issue. I'll be scheduling an appointment this week; will report back on the end-to-end experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts