Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wish I checked first. I travelled to the tuner (an hour each way) and then we strapped car to dyno and did the before run and then went to add the tune... and no go. We should have checked the box code first. But if the tuner is close, then you are all good!

·
Registered
27 Posts
@vosadrian
I did multiple runs, the result was similar. I was surprised as well but wide Cup2s really were slower on the straight . The turns are different though, they are a lot better there...

·
Vendor
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There's an owner in another thread who is having an issue with getting a tune because of the box code on his ECU. Is there any way to check this at home before going to the shop to determine ahead of time whether it will be an issue or not?
Just to give everyone a little info on this - There are various factory version of software around the world which we call a "box code and revision." We only ever apply software that matches the original code, so sometimes we don't have availability of a specific code. Some codes we can get through other means, but sometimes we need to get the ECU in house for the first time to get an extract of that code. When that happens, we cut the customer a deal on the tuning price.

To find out your box code you ned a tool that can read the information. I'm not sure if VAGCOM can do it (I seem to think it can't) but here's how we do it on other models: ECU Box Code - APR

With hat info I can look to see if we have the codes ready.

·
Vendor
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Porsche prices do not appear to be different but I did tell my brother that Audi prices dropped since he is taking his S3 in for his tune soon.
718 prices are all 999.95. Previously 2.0T was 999.99, and 2.5T was 1199.99.

APR Plus price has also dropped.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just to give everyone a little info on this - There are various factory version of software around the world which we call a "box code and revision." We only ever apply software that matches the original code, so sometimes we don't have availability of a specific code. Some codes we can get through other means, but sometimes we need to get the ECU in house for the first time to get an extract of that code. When that happens, we cut the customer a deal on the tuning price.

To find out your box code you ned a tool that can read the information. I'm not sure if VAGCOM can do it (I seem to think it can't) but here's how we do it on other models: ECU Box Code - APR

With hat info I can look to see if we have the codes ready.
Thank you for the reply. Since my distributor is only about 20 minutes away, I'll just go to them directly.

·
Vendor
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What's the PDK tuning status? Any offering for stage 2 yet?
PDK tuning will release sometime this year. I hope sooner than later as we've completed nearly every application so far.

Stage 2 doesn't do anything. We've straightpiped this car. Nothing to be had. Pressure drop across the system stock just isn't an issue, so it backs our finding. You can add the hardware of course though. Sound / weight differences are there!

Is there an ETA on that? I remember seeing a teaser for it months ago in one of your shop tour/info vids.
I don't think we'll be far off at this point. I shot all marketing material before the holidays. I'm guessing I'll get a good status update in the coming week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same. Let's do this!

Reactions: HooosierDaddy
21 - 40 of 60 Posts