Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Read Only
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save your money and by the real turbo the porsche factory has closed down

Watch for the 2.5 Gts to become rare and increase in value big time they may even discontinue bringing out the gts pdk 4.0 as this will definitely be put back

See below image my friend works there and said theres delays on gts 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Save your money and by the real turbo the porsche factory has closed down

Watch for the 2.5 Gts to become rare and increase in value big time they may even discontinue bringing out the gts pdk 4.0 as this will definitely be put back

See below image my friend works there and said theres delays on gts 4.0

Thanks for the information.

A request is in order though - if you want to be taken seriously, please at least try to use proper grammar and punctuation. It's not that hard. I know this is the web and anything goes without it it's hard to tell after all when a sentence ends or if a thought changes it helps every one understand meaning ok thanks.

Btw, lack of punctuation makes every one question the validity of a statement.

Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for the information.

A request is in order though - if you want to be taken seriously, please at least try to use proper grammar and punctuation. It's not that hard. I know this is the web and anything goes without it it's hard to tell after all when a sentence ends or if a thought changes it helps every one understand meaning ok thanks.

Btw, lack of punctuation makes every one question the validity of a statement.

Thanks!
Tip: If you're going to be That Guy (TM), make sure your own response has all the correct punctuation (you have at least one comma, and perhaps a semicolon, missing in your own reply).

·
Registered
838 Posts
Tip: If you're going to be That Guy (TM), make sure your own response has all the correct punctuation (you have at least one comma, and perhaps a semicolon, missing in your own reply).
To both:
1) You are correct. A dash is not a comma. However, a dash can be used to separate thoughts that aren't directly linked. That is how I viewed that line. A period may have worked better.
2) You are correct also and I'm glad you picked it up. That was intentional however, to try to highlight what it looks like without punctuation. I thought that would have been obvious. I guess I should have put a smiley or something there. :)
With that said, I'm not perfect and I am also not a teacher. The point is at least give it an effort. The OP gave no effort and that is what I pointed out. A little effort can go a long ways.
MOO & FWIW

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I for one picked up on it Ive seen similar posts in another forum your right it does make things hard to know what is the point

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not sure how that screen grab confirms that Porsche have shut down production.

The OP clearly is not keen on the possibility of the GTS 4.0 being built or anyone actually owning one. I guess this quote from an earlier post could shed some light on things:

"I purchased a gts 4 months ago brilliant car very quick was a slightly pissed as the dealer didnt mention anything about tge 4.0 personally im beginning not to be bothered I didn’t pay brand new around 58k it is what it is at the end of the day i prefer turbo personally i still love the car"

Wonder why his friend, who has told him about the factory closures, didn't mention the 4.0 to him either either...

P.S. It is not my intention to downplay the effects of COVID-19, which are indeed wide ranging, including the temporary closure of some businesses and manufacturing plants (from which some will never recover). The effects of this pandemic are going to be felt for a long time. So much so that a manufacturing halt or delivery of a new car seem insignificant by comparison.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think all the comments about spelling and grammar are completely unnecessary. Stop being so pedantic... it doesn’t matter.

On a serious note though, Porsche have in-fact suspended production for the foreseeable future, as have the majority of motor manufacturers worldwide.

It‘s therefore fair to assume that the GTS 4.0 production will inevitably be delayed.

·
Registered
573 Posts
On a serious note though, Porsche have in-fact suspended production for the foreseeable future, as have the majority of motor manufacturers worldwide.

It‘s therefore fair to assume that the GTS 4.0 production will inevitably be delayed.
Yes, I am aware of the plant closures by a number of automotive manufacturers and it is fair to assume that production of all models will be affected. However the OP's image was irrelevant and, based on other contributions to the forum, seems to simply be using this as an opportunity to further a specific agenda by picking on one particular variant.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think all the comments about spelling and grammar are completely unnecessary. Stop being so pedantic... it doesn’t matter.
Actually, it does matter. The ability to communicate legibly is highly important to society.
This may be only a car forum but if you want to be taken seriously, stream of consciousness ramblings won't do it. I am not asking for grammar perfection - I can't as I'm certainly not - nor am I playing grammar police. Just give it some thought. It's really not that hard, and practice helps.
MOO

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It does matter!... to us Mods. We have to wade through all this [email protected] trying to figure out whether something may be a missed coma or an insult, or other offense.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not to be overly pedantic, the OP's string of words are completely unintelligible and resemble gibberish. The screenshot says nothing about a shutdown of production, however, we can imagine that this is the case as it is happening in the U.S. with other manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Not to be overly pedantic, the OP's string of words are completely unintelligible and resemble gibberish. The screenshot says nothing about a shutdown of production, however, we can imagine that this is the case as it is happening in the U.S. with other manufacturers.
I believe that VW has shut down factories across Europe due to the COVID-19. I think it is highly unlikely that Porsche operates theirs. The whole supply chain must be shut down by now.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The European automobile industry is shutting down as the coronavirus pandemic rages, and experts suggest Asian rivals could find new opportunities in the aftermath.

Volkswagen, the world’s biggest automaker, on Tuesday became the latest firm in the sector to announce the temporary closure of European plants—those in Spain, Portugal, Slovakia and Italy will shut this week, while its German factories will close after Friday. The facilities produce cars under brands including Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Ducati, Porsche and Lamborghini.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
As the resident grammar guru ... I'm leaving this up to the membership, which seems to have things well in hand. ;P

@speedking998877 : This is a warning. If you post any more poorly worded, unsupported, vague, unnecessarily cryptic bits on this topic, a temporary ban will be discussed. You are causing far more vitriol than necessary about an issue that, frankly, is far more serious than vehicle manufacturing in general and has nothing to do with the GTS 4.0 exclusively.

Please consider this, and my advice on previous posts, the next time you think about disseminating fake news. Thank you.

·
Read Only
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As the resident grammar guru ... I'm leaving this up to the membership, which seems to have things well in hand. ;P

@speedking998877 : This is a warning. If you post any more poorly worded, unsupported, vague, unnecessarily cryptic bits on this topic, a temporary ban will be discussed. You are causing far more vitriol than necessary about an issue that, frankly, is far more serious than vehicle manufacturing in general and has nothing to do with the GTS 4.0 exclusively.

Please consider this, and my advice on previous posts, the next time you think about disseminating fake news. Thank you.
Obviously hit a bad nerve

Funny. Full stop

1 - 20 of 35 Posts