Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 21 CPO Cayman. Love the car! But not sure I love the 20'' Carrera S wheels (unfinished) especially my black exterior. I like the look of the 18'' Boxster or 20'' Carrera Sport wheels because they look way more classic and timeless to me. I'm hesitant to make the change because it seems like a huge pain, but I also want to make the car my own, since I didn't get to purchase the options new.

I live in a city, don't have access to a garage, so I would need to pay for someone to make the change for me. Any other good alternatives that I should consider? Also, what is the easiest way to sell my existing tires/wheels?
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,312 Posts
Are you looking at aftermarket options also? Like Forgeline. I’ve been browsing Forgeline lately.

There is also Fikse, but I’m not sure about any of their styles on a 718.

Selling wheels and tires is hard. I’ve tried C&C to find a local buyer. But the most success I’ve had is letting a teenager in the neighborhood work the local C&C’s and split the money with him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in a city, don't have access to a garage, so I would need to pay for someone to make the change for me. Any other good alternatives that I should consider? Also, what is the easiest way to sell my existing tires/wheels?
Discount Tire / America's Tire can swap your tires/wheels for free.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Recently bought a 21 CPO Cayman. Love the car! But not sure I love the 20'' Carrera S wheels (unfinished) especially my black exterior.
The nice thing about the 20" Carrera S wheels is that they are relatively light weight. They came on my T but in a different color.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The nice thing about the 20" Carrera S wheels is that they are relatively light weight. They came on my T but in a different color.
Do you know what they weigh? I don't and I'm curious.

I think the lightest 20 they sell is the one on the GTS 4.0; I say that based on what I've read, and also from handling those wheels - I had them on my 981 Spyder and was impressed at every biannual wheel change by how relatively light they felt compared to everything else I had. I wish those had been an option on the T.

Unrelated question - did your T come with the Pirelli (PZ4) PZeros, or the Michelin PS4S?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Do you know what they weigh? I don't and I'm curious.

Unrelated question - did your T come with the Pirelli (PZ4) PZeros, or the Michelin PS4S?
Front 8"x20": 21 lbs, 10 oz.
Rear 9.5"x20": 24 lbs, 6 oz.

My car came with the Pirelli tires. I've had good luck with them on previous 981s.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Front 8"x20": 21 lbs, 10 oz.
Rear 9.5"x20": 24 lbs, 6 oz.

My car came with the Pirelli tires. I've had good luck with them on previous 981s.
Thanks. Yes, I agree; I had the PZ4 version on both my 981s and was generally quite happy with them, though I'd be happy for a chance to evaluate the PS4S for myself.

Those numbers aren't bad for 20s - did you weigh your own and subtract out tires or were you able to find these listed somewhere?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Thanks. Yes, I agree; I had the PZ4 version on both my 981s and was generally quite happy with them, though I'd be happy for a chance to evaluate the PS4S for myself.

Those numbers aren't bad for 20s - did you weigh your own and subtract out tires or were you able to find these listed somewhere?
I'm too old to lift that much. I looked up the weights on the internet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm too old to lift that much. I looked up the weights on the internet.
Well, I slipped and fell on ice on the weekend (#$%@!*&) and followed it up by slipping on the wooden floor in the kitchen this morning when I shuffled downstairs, half asleep...not cool; so, I literally feel where you're coming from!

Lying there for a few seconds, the dog quickly hopped on my back to see what was wrong - or maybe to promptly assert his new role as head of household, thinking that I was a goner.

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,312 Posts
Well, I slipped and fell on ice on the weekend (#$%@!*&) and followed it up by slipping on the wooden floor in the kitchen this morning when I shuffled downstairs, half asleep...not cool; so, I literally feel where you're coming from!

Lying there for a few seconds, the dog quickly hopped on my back to see what was wrong - or maybe to promptly assert his new role as head of household, thinking that I was a goner.
He wanted to know if you left him the Porsche.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Recently bought a 21 CPO Cayman. Love the car! But not sure I love the 20'' Carrera S wheels (unfinished) especially my black exterior. I like the look of the 18'' Boxster or 20'' Carrera Sport wheels because they look way more classic and timeless to me. I'm hesitant to make the change because it seems like a huge pain, but I also want to make the car my own, since I didn't get to purchase the options new.

I don't know, @Loomstate, those are my favorite Porsche wheels! I think they look great! If silver is part of the problem for you, perhaps consider having them powder coated (black) first?

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
89 Posts
Ps. They are Satin platinum as an extra but for me, I felt this suited the car rather than the std black on the gts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts