Porsche 718 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting I got that same message on my first attempt, found that I didn't copy the complete patch folder into the Patch folder...

Also I went looking in the log for the offset information, does your backup have, in addition to the .ifs file and OFFSET file (.txt)?
Tried to do a clean backup, same issue... The backup image contains an extra 2.5MB of FFFF... Sigh.

Yes, , the MU1475-ifs-root-part2-0x00ba0000-OFFSET contains "OFFSET: 0x00ba0000-3405F400".

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well my backup .ifs is 18.048Mb and the patch is 15.618Mb I used a clean SD formatted FAT32 and the MIB image for the AA button fix, copied the appropriate patch folder in the folder marked patches and it completed without error and the PCM is fine. The original attempt was with the regular MIB image.

If you are uncomfortable trying it this way then I suggest that you reach out to @MIB-Wiki or wait for him to weigh-in on this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The numbers at the end of the flash file are the checksum of the original ifs-root-stage2 on unit.

M.I.B is checking for this.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

Could you please share your full backup from M.I.B.

Either your car was previously patched or the one I used the backup off to create the patch was.
I have to double check this.

Good that M.I.B is doing a couple of checks before flashing ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The numbers at the end of the flash file are the checksum of the original ifs-root-stage2 on unit.

M.I.B is checking for this.

View attachment 43113

Could you please share your full backup from M.I.B.

Either your car was previously patched or the one I used the backup off to create the patch was.
I have to double check this.

Good that M.I.B is doing a couple of checks before flashing ;)
No previously patched installed, first time today :) I've tried a couple of times with different SDcards and also with both M.I.B_3.2.0_20220314 and AA_button_beta (not sure if it makes any difference but wanted to try). I also tried once to uninstall M.I.B from GEM and redo the initial SWDL-update but same results. I already have Apple CarPlay from factory so I'm mostly interested in getting Nav to work.

I had SOME success when I tried the add_feccontainer.fec option + activating Nav in the navigation menu. After reboot the Navigation worked for like one minute or so before it got deactivated and also disappeared from the menu, not sure what that was all about :p

Anyways, full backup uploaded to MIB Solution :: Login (I'll PM you the password for the zip).

Thanks in advance for your help, really appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, must have mixed up files.
It is fixed now.

New patch files are uploading to mib.mibsolution.one now.

Which Porsche model do you drive exactly?
Success! :) Big thanks! :) It's a 2021 Spyder.

Edit: Forgot one thing, I noticed that Porsche Car Connect stopped working yesterday after my first attempt yesterday. It's not a deal breaker, just curious if it's possible to get it working again without restore my backup (if that now actually would fix it...).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your M.I.B backup you shared does not contain any Porsche Car Connect files.

If license is still valid and original, you can just register the unit again with Porsche.
You should have some kind of web login for your account.

Patch is not touching any of the Porsche Car Connect stuff, so this must have a different origin. Did you reset your units configuration?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your M.I.B backup you shared does not contain any Porsche Car Connect files.

If license is still valid and original, you can just register the unit again with Porsche.
You should have some kind of web login for your account.

Patch is not touching any of the Porsche Car Connect stuff, so this must have a different origin. Did you reset your units configuration?
I'll give that a go and see if that works :) I haven't done a reset. I found this when I browsed in the menus though, see picture. It says ONLINE_STATE_BLOCKED.

Font Display device Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
143 Posts
You need to register, then the dealer need to activate and give you a code that you put into the online account, then it'll let the car talk to Porsche Connect. I never bothered activating it as there is little benefit at least for the 2018 line.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You need to register, then the dealer need to activate and give you a code that you put into the online account, then it'll let the car talk to Porsche Connect. I never bothered activating it as there is little benefit at least for the 2018 line.
I did this, registered, got the code and had the dealer enable Porsche Connect, it just recently expired after the 1 year free trial, I will not be renewing. I found that I rarely used the features that were included in the free trial, any additional stuff required an additional yearly subscription, I didn't find any value in continuing.

By contrast my GMC truck has OnStar and even without any fee based subscriptions and 4 years since buying the vehicle I use the it all of the time! Lock/unlock, remote start, maintenance reports to my email, status of all important systems, etc, I can even ask Google to do some of this... and it is all working before you leave the car lot. (y)

IMHO the Porsche offering pales by comparison.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm aware of the registration procedure, It was registered and working prior to the update :)
Just guessing, but perhaps the update makes the PCM appear different or has reset the activation or changed the online code that is now needed associated with your car.

I thought that it was strange the process required a trip to the service department to enable it, maybe they need to use the PIWIS to talk to the PCM again for them to generate a new code?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to thank @MIB-Wiki and @Westcoaster for all their assistance with this. I had BMWs for the past 14 years and made the jump to the 718s it's a fantastic car. My 2017 came with CarPlay and NAV. I wanted to add Android Auto, VIM and get the Assistant to Work. After reading through 216 posts, How To install MIB, I was still pretty nervous. Fortunately for me - these two are amazing. I still need to add the Android Auto Button and an updated MAP, but this solution, if you follow the directions, works great. Thank you guys for all of your support!

PS> Be patient - mistakes happen when you rush.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure that is correct for US cars. Red Engineering menu is not available from my research. The telnet method was required to unlock GEM initially. (The two buttons did not launch GEM otherwise).
You have to be on the home screen.

Then CAR+MEDIA held for ~5 secs then released brings up the menu. If you do not hit the buttons correctly then you will go to either the car/media screen whichever button wins :)

Here is a github link with this information

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm trying to do this but not able to get to the red menu. After I turn key to first spot (ie. accessories) do I press Media + Car for a certain duration before I enter the Red Menu? So far no luck... Thanks!
Need to be on the home screen for the combos to work

·
Registered
60 Posts
@Shodanbo

so far I thought you have to press one button 1st and the other one a very short moment later to make it work.
See the 1 and 2 shown on pictures:

Could you test this against against your 5s solution?

For POG24, we still:
  1. need to find the screenshot key combo
  2. I need a nice screen shot of the home screen.
Can someone help?

201 - 220 of 261 Posts